We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Train travel from central Sydney to Blue Mountains

Rotorua, New Zealand
Level Contributor
273 posts
733 reviews
Save Topic
Train travel from central Sydney to Blue Mountains

My daughter and I are travelling to Sydney in late March and would like to know if it is possible to travel to the Blue Mountains, Toowomba by train from Central Sydney. We are looking at getting a multi pass that includes trains, buses and ferries. Any suggestion on the best way to get there would be a great help.

Blue Mountains Day Trip and River...
699 reviews
from US$167.82*
Sydney BridgeClimb
973 reviews
from US$128.10*
All Inclusive Blue Mountains...
125 reviews
from US$170.26*
Special Offer
Blue Mountains Wildlife Day Tour from...
1,037 reviews
from US$62.83*
US$125.67
sydney
Destination Expert
for Cambodia
Level Contributor
18,382 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Train travel from central Sydney to Blue Mountains

Toowomba is in Queensland - do you want to travel by train to Qld from Sydney on another day?

Train travel to the Blue MOuntains (Katoomba) is easy - check out the FAQ on Visiting the Blue Mountains or use the search function.

Timetables etc can be found at www.131500.com.au

Sydney/Melbourne
Level Contributor
18,129 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Train travel from central Sydney to Blue Mountains

A MyMulti 3 will cover train travel to and from Katoomba and also includes travel on the Blue mountains Public bus service (not the HOHO services)

Rotorua, New Zealand
Level Contributor
273 posts
733 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Train travel from central Sydney to Blue Mountains

Sorry I meant Katoomba! My mistake. Thanks for info.

4. Re: Train travel from central Sydney to Blue Mountains

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 February 2015, 06:17