We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Flight from US on Qantas.....

Which Sydney hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Corpus Christi, TX
Level Contributor
934 posts
58 reviews
Save Topic
Flight from US on Qantas.....

My flight from Dallas lands in Brisbane before continuing on to Sydney. Will we land in domestic or international terminal in Sydney? I plan to take a taxi to hotel in downtown area and am wondering at which terminal we will land-- or does it make any difference in availability of taxis at 8 am

Thank you

Jane

Australia
Level Contributor
302 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Flight from US on Qantas.....

You will be arriving at the international terminal T1 where you will clear immigration and customs.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
446 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Flight from US on Qantas.....

Hi Jane

You will land in domestic.

For taxis, everyone lines up & it is orderly & controlled :)

No need to worry about missing out or being pushed in front of :)

Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
for Sydney, Bargain Travel, Food and Travel
Level Contributor
24,250 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Flight from US on Qantas.....

QF8 (DFW-BNE-SYD) lands at T1, which is the international terminal.

The only difference is that the international terminal is approx 3km further from the city. However you will have no problems getting a taxi, immediately outside the arrivals.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
1,777 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Flight from US on Qantas.....

This is a fair question and neither answer is definite. To clarify:

* QF8 definitely lands in the international terminal in SYD after stopping in Brisbane to refuel and let some people off.

* If however the OP is getting off QF8 at BNE and will be on a different flight to Sydney (this would be odd but not unheard of), you will clear immigration , collect your bags, and clear customs in BNE. Then you will re-check-in at the transfer desk, go to the Domestic terminal at Brisbane, and then catch your domestic flight to Sydney, arriving at domestic terminal T2 in SYD.

Check the itinerary !

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
446 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Flight from US on Qantas.....

Thanks KVE and Jeremy for your clearer info.

Definitely misread the Q =(

Edited: 10 February 2014, 21:08
Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Sydney, Uluru-Kata Tjuta National Park, Airlie Beach, Whitsunday Islands
Level Contributor
18,713 posts
182 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Flight from US on Qantas.....

Actually if on Q from Brisbane them you'll arrive at T3 :)

Having done that particular

flight a few times it is VERY unlikely, in fact almost unheard of, that the OP will change planes in Brisbane

Corpus Christi, TX
Level Contributor
934 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Flight from US on Qantas.....

I don't think I change planes in Brisbane--at least the flight number stays the same. The flight is #8 from Dallas to Sydney and my seat remains the same--so I don't expect to change equipment.

I sounds like whether it is domestic or international, I should be ok with taxi availability at the terminal at 8am Australian time. :)

Thanks, everybody for such prompt responses.

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Sydney, Uluru-Kata Tjuta National Park, Airlie Beach, Whitsunday Islands
Level Contributor
18,713 posts
182 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Flight from US on Qantas.....

yep, #8 goes all the way through.

You'll have a short stop in Brisbane usually a bout an hour, just enough time to get off and walk for a few minutes then reboard.

Arrival in Sydney is around 9.30-10.30am (daylight savings isn't it QLD) so you miss most of the immigration chaos

The taxis are out the door and under an awning kind of to your left if you come out the Qantas exit., There's a snake like queue and taxi marhsall allocate you to a number.

DO NOT get picked up by the guys inside the terminal (they were there last week) offering direct services :)

Edited: 10 February 2014, 21:36
Corpus Christi, TX
Level Contributor
934 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Flight from US on Qantas.....

Thanks, Gurus, and especially thanks for the tip about avoiding the guys inside the terminal.!!

Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
for Sydney, Bargain Travel, Food and Travel
Level Contributor
24,250 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Flight from US on Qantas.....

>>>If however the OP is getting off QF8 at BNE and will be on a different flight to Sydney (this would be odd but not unheard of)<<<

>>>My flight from Dallas lands in Brisbane *before continuing* on to Sydney<<<

Why would the OP only travel the DFW-BNE sector of a flight going DFW-SYD and purchase a seperate BNE-SYD sector?