We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Trip to Sydney

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
2 posts
19 reviews
Save Topic
Trip to Sydney

Hello All,

We have booked tickets to Sydney for the dates Mar 28 to April 3rd. And this is our honeymoon trip. We are bit confused about the area we should choose to book hotel and how to plan our trip for the six days. We are looking for best and affordable hotel(hope you understand ;)). Is it wise to book hotel or apartment ? Guys please advice.

Thanking you in advance,

Sabaresh

Sydney/Melbourne
Level Contributor
18,129 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Trip to Sydney

Could you please advise us of what you consider to be a 'reasonable' budget?

A general idea of location would be good too. Do you want to be in the centre of the city or perhaps by the beach? Would you prefer a self catering apartment or a standard full service hotel? This information would make it possible for us to give you suitable recommendations.

Congratulations in your upcoming wedding!

Gungahlin, Australia
Destination Expert
for Canberra
Level Contributor
15,489 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Trip to Sydney

Hi Sabaresh and congratulations!

Welcome to the forum. First question is, are you aware that you are talking to other travellers on this forum and the planning here is really a DIY (do it yourself) exercise with our help? The more you put into the planning yourself the more the resulting trip will perfectly suit YOU!

>>We are bit confused about the area we should choose to book hotel and how to plan our trip for the six days.<<

Have a read of the Top Questions over on the right, have a look at the official tourism website, then come back and tell us what inspired you to choose Sydney and what specific places and attractions you've found that appeal to you.

>>We are looking for best and affordable hotel(hope you understand ;)).<<

Sorry, not really. It helps if you can indicate a budget in Australian dollars. Obviously affordable is affordable to whoever is affording it :-) For us to interpret that we have to guess whether it's closer to *I want cheap but don't like to use the word cheap* or closer to *I don't want reeeally expensive*.

>>Is it wise to book hotel or apartment ?<<

What do you want? Do you want an apartment with a separate bedroom and a kitchen so that you can self-cater, or do you want a hotel room?

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
2 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Trip to Sydney

Thanks for the reply and you guys straight to the point.

Ok, which is best to stay, near beach or central? Anyway I won't be in beach all the time, so I would prefer near city.

<<Sorry, not really. It helps if you can indicate a budget in Australian dollars. Obviously affordable is affordable to whoever is affording it :-) For us to interpret that we have to guess whether it's closer to *I want cheap but don't like to use the word cheap* or closer to *I don't want reeeally expensive*.>>

Ok, I am looking for 500-700 AUD for 6 nights stay.

<<What do you want? Do you want an apartment with a separate bedroom and a kitchen so that you can self-cater, or do you want a hotel room?>>

We might like to do some light cooking, if hotels provide any electric stove or Microwave would also be sufficient.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
6,361 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Trip to Sydney

Have a look at www.wotif.com.au & look at Sydney CBD.

This will give you an idea of what is available, where, & at what cost.

Look under " self catering apartments" for services apartments with kitchen/ laundry & separate lounge.

As you would probably expect, properties closest to the prime tourist areas of Circular Quay & The Rocks will be most expensive.

Your budget is too low for Sydney CBD - as you will see, $500-$700 AUD for a week is barely hostel rates.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
9,308 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Trip to Sydney

Your budget is very low for Sydney - eg $185pn will get you the Sydney Harbour YHA for ensuite room.

Other choices with your budget would be www.airbnb.com

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Sydney
Level Contributor
4,325 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Trip to Sydney

yes, you'll find that sydney hotel rates are the same as singapore hotel rates....that's why we tend not to visit singapore as often nowadays......

have a look at this hotel. for a central location...this is it!

it is right in the heart of the city. it is above a pub so noise could be an issue.

please read the reviews here on TA

http://www.hotelcoronation.com.au/

tripadvisor.com.au/Hotel_Review-g255060-d549…

7. Re: Trip to Sydney

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 February 2015, 05:18