We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sydney Airbus Shuttle - Not the best experience!

Which Sydney hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
2 posts
19 reviews
Save Topic
Sydney Airbus Shuttle - Not the best experience!

Would not recommend the Airbus Shuttle for travel to the Sydney Airport.

After having tried them a few times, I have now decided I will never book with them again. I rather use the train which is more reliable even though it costs about @1.80 extra.

Its happened to me twice now, that I was never picked up from my pick-up location even though I was at the location much before the time I was asked to be there.

And when you call them up they have a common reason, i.e. the bus was there and left because you were not there. Which is simply a lie; when the customer knows what the truth is.

This is especially inconvenient when you need to get to the airport by a certain time.

In addition, though I was promised a refund for this mistake, I never received the refund.

Now, they even stopped replying to my emails. I guess..., what can you expect from a company that offers such pathetic customer service.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
1,786 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Sydney Airbus Shuttle - Not the best experience!

Too bad you didn't find TripAdvisor before your visit! The Sydney airport shuttles have universal negative reviews - the situation you describe is all too common a report. I have never heard from anyone satisfied with their expeirence on the shuttles and I can only imagine they are still in business simply because new tourists constantly come who don't know any better. Unfortunately they capitalize on the better reputation of airport shuttles in other cities.

You will have much better service with a taxi, which if you have two or more in your party, will typically work out to be cheaper anyway. For single travellers as you note the train can be better, or if you are on a real budget, use the 400 bus.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
2 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Sydney Airbus Shuttle - Not the best experience!

Yup... Very true. Should have done my research before I booked with them...

Lesson learnt...

3. Re: Sydney Airbus Shuttle - Not the best experience!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 February 2015, 05:18