We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Car Rental Advice

Which Sydney hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Singapore
Level Contributor
35 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Car Rental Advice

Hi All,

I plan to rent a car from Sydney airport to head to Mowbray Park Farm 745 Barkers Lodge Road picton NSW 2571 Australia. And the next day head down to Sydney to return the car at airport

or location near the hotel i am staying at either Holiday Inn Darling Harbour or Novotel Sydney Center.

There are 5 adults (including me) + 2yrs 3mths old son.

1) Is a childseat compulsary or is handcary allowed? by Australian law.

2) Next my question is what is the specific car category that i need to look for to rent for 5A + 1C? Assuming i need a childseat. I guess a Toyato Camry wont fit.

3) Does that mean i need a MPV like Toyota Wish?

4) Does car rental company rent childseat?

Thanks for your advise.

cheers,

Danny

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Sydney, Uluru-Kata Tjuta National Park, Airlie Beach, Whitsunday Islands
Level Contributor
18,940 posts
182 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Car Rental Advice

Yes you must have an austaralian approved child restraint which can be provided by the hire company usually at extra cost. All passengers just wear a belt so you need a 6 seater

no you won't fit in a camry

Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
for Sydney, Bargain Travel, Food and Travel
Level Contributor
24,754 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Car Rental Advice

If you're wishing to do a one way rental (pickup at airport, drop off at city), the two companies with offices closest to those hotels is Thrifty at Mercure Sydney, and Avis at World Square.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
8,244 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Car Rental Advice

look at vroomvroomvroom.com.au to compare prices

sydney
Destination Expert
for Cambodia
Level Contributor
17,794 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Car Rental Advice

And even if your son is screaming his lungs out - do not be tempted to remove them from the car-seat while the car is moving - there are hefty fines for this.

The car seat will be fitted to the back seat - this is where he must stay.

Singapore
Level Contributor
35 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Car Rental Advice

Thanks all for your input and advise.

6. Re: Car Rental Advice

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 January 2016, 16:01
7. Re: Car Rental Advice

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 March 2015, 05:18