We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

New Year's Eve Cruises/Restaurants

Preston, United...
Level Contributor
248 posts
15 reviews
Save Topic
New Year's Eve Cruises/Restaurants

We will be in Sydney NYE 2006 with my 9 year old daughter. Does anybody know if it is acceptable to book kids on the NYE cruises and would it be suitable? Alternatively a restaurant with harbour views which will take kids would be another option - any advice or recommendations?

London / Brisbane
Level Contributor
260 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: New Year's Eve Cruises/Restaurants

i have a feeling the harbour will be closed off for any cruises because it is preparing for the nye celebrations

hopefully the sydney experts will be able to confirm this for you though

Lancs, England
Level Contributor
261 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: New Year's Eve Cruises/Restaurants

I have just checked the website that I have booked on for NYE (Pontoon Crusies) and it says guests to be 18 yrs or over.

Preston, United...
Level Contributor
248 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: New Year's Eve Cruises/Restaurants

Thanks for checking macca. That's a shame - checked out website and pontoon looks nice.

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Sydney, Uluru-Kata Tjuta National Park, Airlie Beach, Whitsunday Islands
Level Contributor
20,140 posts
199 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: New Year's Eve Cruises/Restaurants

harbour cruises on NYE are boom time and many of the boats join the parade of light (the boats are strung with lights and follow a path down the harbour before and between the two fireworks displays.

Some cruises accept children I'm pretty certain the big companies...Captain Cook , MAJISTIC etc do and a few of the smaller ones will also.

Ellemay had a suugestion for a boat (bennelong i think) that they know. try a search on the forums and you should find some contact details.

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Sydney, Uluru-Kata Tjuta National Park, Business Travel, New South Wales
Level Contributor
30,742 posts
1,695 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: New Year's Eve Cruises/Restaurants

www.bennelong.net.au....probably will take children.

good luck !

Preston, United...
Level Contributor
248 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: New Year's Eve Cruises/Restaurants

Thanks Ellemay and Guruswife. Checking out your recommendations and it's looking promising.

London, United...
Level Contributor
6,430 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: New Year's Eve Cruises/Restaurants

Captain Cooks tours take children. I took my daughter when she was 12. She just loved being so close to the fireworks.

8. Re: New Year's Eve Cruises/Restaurants

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 August 2009, 02:18