We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Internal flights to adelaide

Which Sydney hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
London, UK
Level Contributor
509 posts
151 reviews
Save Topic
Internal flights to adelaide

HI

I need to get an internal flight from Sydney to Adelaide and so far have come up with Jet Star and Virgin Australia. Just wanted to check if there are any companies I should avoid, and also, how much time to do I need to arrive at the airport before I fly.

Thanks

Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
for Sydney, Bargain Travel, Food and Travel
Level Contributor
24,754 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Internal flights to adelaide

No, they're all much the same. Qantas has that route also.

Pick whichever carrier suits your schedule and fare expectations on the date you wish to travel.

Edited: 29 April 2014, 13:23
Sydney/Melbourne
Level Contributor
18,047 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Internal flights to adelaide

On domestic flights in Australia, if you have completed online check in and have no luggage to check, you can get to the airport 40 minutes before the flight. If you want to check in at the airport and check luggage, leave yourself an hour at the most.

Remember also there's no liquid restrictions on domestic flights like in the UK and the rest of the EU.

Melboune
Level Contributor
2,145 posts
179 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Internal flights to adelaide

For completeness, Tiger also fly that route. They are often the cheapest, but probably have the most restrictive conditions (check in times etc) and still seem to have some reputational issues (can't comment personally).

You can see all the fares and times on Webjet (http://www.webjet.com.au/), but that site is best used as a comparison tool - that is, work out what suits you, then go direct to the airline to avoid the extra fees charged by Webjet.,

London, UK
Level Contributor
509 posts
151 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Internal flights to adelaide

Thanks very much, very helpful. I will have a large suitcase with me , so will have to check in.

Australia
Level Contributor
318 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Internal flights to adelaide

Qantas is the only domestic airline to include checked luggage in their fare, so you will need to consider that when comparing.

6. Re: Internal flights to adelaide

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 May 2015, 06:16