We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What to do around Sydney Airport up to 8 hours?

Kuala Lumpur...
2 posts
Save Topic
What to do around Sydney Airport up to 8 hours?

I'll reach Sydney international airport by morning 9am, and i need to catch a plane to New Zealand on 6.30pm flight. So i got around 7-8 hours to spend in Sydney, I had no idea what i need to do around there... Get a multipass visit around?

Sydney/Melbourne
Level Contributor
18,132 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: What to do around Sydney Airport up to 8 hours?

Plenty of time to jump on the train and head into the city for a few hours, however make sure you have the appropriate visa.

If you get a return train ticket to Circular Quay you will have the Harbour, The Bridge, The Rocks area and the city to explore. You could take a ferry ride to Milsons Point and walk across the Bridge, you could have a wander around the Opera House and the Botanical Gardens. You could do a Hisoriacal Walk around The Rocks. Depending on the day of the week, the markets might be on. You can take the free 555bus and head to Chinatown for lunch and pick up some tacky souvenirs at Paddy's Markets. Go to the Fish-markets for lunch. Plenty to keep you busy.

Queensland...
Level Contributor
119 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: What to do around Sydney Airport up to 8 hours?

Catch the airport train into Circular Quay, about 15 minutes and trains run regularly.Much easier and cheaper than a taxi.The Hop on Hop Off bus gives you a great snapshot of the city and Bondi Beach. Or you could walk around Circular Quay and see the Opera House, Harbour, historic Rocks area and walk around the Harbour with lots of great walk ways and views. A ferry ride to Manly is a lovely way to see the Harbour and walk the beaches. The Bondi to Bronte walk along the coast is stunning and an easy walk.

Kuala Lumpur...
2 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: What to do around Sydney Airport up to 8 hours?

Thanks for the reply! really appreciate that :)

I'll come back to Sydney for 3 days after New Zealand trip, so Opera House, Harbour & Taronga Zoo confirm will drop by on the last 3 days. Bondi Beach looks fun, i might can burn my 6-8 hours there... Thanks for your tips!

4. Re: What to do around Sydney Airport up to 8 hours?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 May 2015, 07:16