We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

sydney harbour marriott or pier one autograph

Fort Lauderdale...
Level Contributor
140 posts
175 reviews
Save Topic
sydney harbour marriott or pier one autograph

For my March 2015 3 night stay prior to boarding a cruise. I'm a Marriott Elite member. I see they both have lounges and both look awesome. For those that have stayed at either, can you give me your opinion.

Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
for Sydney, Bargain Travel, Food and Travel
Level Contributor
24,994 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: sydney harbour marriott or pier one autograph

Very difficult to compare the two.

Sydney Harbour Marriott is a traditional styled 5 star grand hall, was one of the largest hotels in Australia by room numbers, near unbeatable location by Circular Quay, but ageing.

Pros - 5 Star, Location, Club Lounge,

Cons - Small rooms, harbour views are 'partial', ageing.

Pier One Sydney Harbour, is a recently refurbished and rebranded Autograph Collection, very much a 'lifestyle' brand, boutique in size, but in a slightly isolated location.

Pros - Beautifully appointed, larger rooms (especially the Deluxe), over the water location nearby the bridge.

Cons - Limited F&B, no club lounge (unless they have recently added one), Heritage Rooms have almost zero view, location slightly isolated.

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Sydney, New South Wales, Cruises
Level Contributor
11,467 posts
148 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: sydney harbour marriott or pier one autograph

Just wondering which cruise ship you are going on ?

Fort Lauderdale...
Level Contributor
140 posts
175 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: sydney harbour marriott or pier one autograph

The Rhapsody OTS and I believe it is her last Australia sailing.

I'll probably go with the sydney Harbor marriott. Thanks everyone

4. Re: sydney harbour marriott or pier one autograph

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 June 2015, 05:16