We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

female solo travelling to Sydney for the first time

Which Sydney hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Jakarta, Indonesia
2 posts
Save Topic
female solo travelling to Sydney for the first time

Hi All,

I have plan to travelling to Sydney on the mid of July, this is going to be my first solo travelling and first time to Australia, i've been searching some imformation for the itinerary during my time in Sydney. need a suggestion what should i do and best itinerary so i don't get bored and lonely for a week.

Thanks

Mindy

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
5,740 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: female solo travelling to Sydney for the first time

Have a look at the info on Sydney on this page - on the right hand side if your screen.

With no idea of your interests, it's a bit difficult to make meaningful suggestions.

Typically, people like to take a few trips on our ferries - Manly is a good one;

Do the Bondi to Bronte sea cliff walk

Explore the CBD, Royal Botanic Gstdens, Art Gslleries & museums, Circular Quay, The Rocks, Opera House; walk across or climb the Harbour Bridge & go to Taronga Zoo.

You might also do a day trip to the Blue MountainS.

Edited: 27 June 2014, 10:25
Jakarta, Indonesia
2 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: female solo travelling to Sydney for the first time

thanks Bhokara,

yes i should mentioned before my interests, since i saw many places to go and all of them interesting, i got confused which places that highly recomended to see within a week, and safe for a female solo traveller

one of my goals is to take a pictures with Kangaroo :)

thanks in advance :)

Gungahlin, Australia
Destination Expert
for Canberra
Level Contributor
14,744 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: female solo travelling to Sydney for the first time

>>i saw many places to go and all of them interesting, i got confused which places that highly recomended to see within a week, and safe for a female solo traveller<<

I am confused about what places you saw that you feel might be a problem for a female or in a week, so perhaps to try to clear the confusion you could actually list them?

Berkshire, United...
Destination Expert
for Prague, Bohemia
Level Contributor
36,137 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: female solo travelling to Sydney for the first time

I've recently spent two weeks in Sydney mostly on my own...bought a weekly public transport pass for 63 Aus. dollars (great value)...spent most of my time on ferries (back and forth:)..Parramatta, Watsons Bay, Manley, Zoo, Balmain, Darling Harbour...spent time in cafes on the Quay people watching and reading....had a great time.

NO problem being on your own

5. Re: female solo travelling to Sydney for the first time

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 June 2015, 05:17