We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where to stay in Sydeny during Cricket World Cup 2015

india
Level Contributor
169 posts
37 reviews
Save Topic
Where to stay in Sydeny during Cricket World Cup 2015

We are 6 friends who will be arriving in Australia to see the Cricket World Cup next year. We want to stay for 3 nights in a apartment wherein its location will be easy for sightseeing as well as well connected to the stadium. Want to know which locations would be better suited for us. While I am currently searching for apartments on wotif.com and booking.com any other information would be most welcome.

We return again for the semis for a night wherein we won't mind staying in a hotel which will be well connected to the airport.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
10,147 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Where to stay in Sydeny during Cricket World Cup 2015

Games are at SCG so staying in Sydney CBD (central business district/main tourist area) is best. Also look at Meriton Apartments.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
1,803 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Where to stay in Sydeny during Cricket World Cup 2015

If you stay within walking distance of Central Station, you will be able to catch the special event buses to and from the SCG most conveniently. Although some buses do go to Circular Quay as well, the buses to Central are the shortest/quickest and most numerous. And there are lots of affordable hotels & aparments in the Central/Haymarket/Chinatown area. For example Meriton apartments in Campbell St or Adina Apartment Hotel Central.

Auckland, New...
Level Contributor
49 posts
106 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Where to stay in Sydeny during Cricket World Cup 2015

The transport is pretty good in Sydney so stay where suits you for the time you won't be at the games. Perhaps not North (over the bridge/Manly) but City/Pyrmont/Surry Hills/Redfern/Alexandria/Waterloo (the last two are quite close to the SCG)

india
Level Contributor
169 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Where to stay in Sydeny during Cricket World Cup 2015

Thanks friends. I found and booked a apartment at Zara Tower, on Wentworth Avenue . The meriton apt at Campbell street was not available on our dates.

Montreal, Canada
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Where to stay in Sydeny during Cricket World Cup 2015

Hello!

I booked a room at the MERCURE SYDNEY INTERNATIONAL AIRPORT hotel (20 levey street, mascot Sydney) for the 14th of march 2015. They are refusing to cancel my reservation (252 AUD), even though I explained I won't be traveling to Sydney.

If anyone is interested in this hotel room, please contact me!

The room is a Standard Double Room (AC, Cable TV, tea and coffee, work desk, guest toiletries) AND there is a free breakfast included in the offer.

mercuresydneyairport.com.au/accommodation-en…

6. Re: Where to stay in Sydeny during Cricket World Cup 2015

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 March 2016, 06:16