We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

From Airport to Travelodge Sydney

Singapore
Level Contributor
209 posts
37 reviews
Save Topic
From Airport to Travelodge Sydney

Hi All,

I am heading to Sydney last min and I have no time to do any research so I badly need help here :(

I will be staying in Travelodge Sydney. Is there a airport shuttle bus that I can take to the hotel from the airport? If yes where is it located and where do I alight and how much it cost? If no airport shuttle bus, is train the next best option? Which station to alight? where is the train station located in the airport? I will be carrying heavy luggage and my concern is there escalator in the train station or long flight of stairs?

3G sim card.

I need to purchase 3G sim card. I am using Samsung S3 at the moment. Is there a place in the airport that I can get it? any particular Telco provider to recommend? I will be staying for 9 days any package to recommend?

Travelling around the city.

Is there a tourist pass to purchase or buy regular train ticket is good enough? I am not too sure if I will be using the train service a lot as I have no idea where I will be going.

Thanks in advance for the great help and advice!

Pat

Sydney/Melbourne
Level Contributor
18,129 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: From Airport to Travelodge Sydney

>>I will be staying in Travelodge Sydney<<

Avoid shuttles in Sydney.

Train to Central, exit via Eddy Avenue and walk a couple of blocks up Elizabeth St to the Travelodge - $16.90

Or acab from the airport - about $50.

>>3G sim card.<<

Have a look at the Optus $2 a day pre paid plan.

You can pick one up at any convenience store or supermarket as well as Optus stores. Pretty sure there's one at the airport.

>>Travelling around the city.<<

Until you know what your movements are then you are best off buying point to point single trip tickets. Most bus stops in the city are pre pay during the day. Purchase tickets at convenience stores. If you will be making a lot of train trips or a lot of bus trips then a MyTrain 10 or MyBus 10 might be practical- 10 ride tickets and a bit cheaper than single tickets.

Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
for Sydney, Bargain Travel, Food and Travel
Level Contributor
25,743 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: From Airport to Travelodge Sydney

>>>I will be carrying heavy luggage and my concern is there escalator in the train station or long flight of stairs?<<<

It's a catch 22. Central has elevators but it's almost three times the distance (1km). Museum Station is 350m BUT - no elevators.

Edited: 03 July 2014, 09:07
Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
6,356 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: From Airport to Travelodge Sydney

If you have heavy luggage, get a cab. As a % of your overall trip costs, it's infinitesimal. Door to door, no fuss.

Singapore
Level Contributor
209 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: From Airport to Travelodge Sydney

Thanks emel49,

Where can I get the my train 10 tickets? Is it a 10 tickets bundle? Can I get it from any train station? I can share it with my hubby right?

Thanks!

Singapore
Level Contributor
209 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: From Airport to Travelodge Sydney

Thanks guys for your advice! I have decided to take cab to save me the hussle :))

Any idea where can I get Telstra pre paid 3G sim card near my hotel? I am staying in Travelodge Sydney at Wentworth ave.

Thanks!!

Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
for Sydney, Bargain Travel, Food and Travel
Level Contributor
25,743 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: From Airport to Travelodge Sydney

The closest is World Square.

Step out of your hotel, turn to your immediate right into Goulburn St. Walk down four blocks, and at the corner of Pitt St is the entrance. Go down the escalator to the lower ground floor, and all the telephony providers (including Telstra) are located down the left corridor.

Singapore
Level Contributor
209 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: From Airport to Travelodge Sydney

Hi KVE1005,

Thanks so much!! I am gonna set off to the airport soon and was worried I wont get a reply so fast.

Thanks again!

Singapore
Level Contributor
209 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: From Airport to Travelodge Sydney

Hi KVE1005,

Another question, what time does the Telco shops close? I will only be able to go there later around 9pm or so. If not are they open on sunday? and what time do you have any idea?

Thanks so much!!

Sydney/Melbourne
Level Contributor
18,129 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: From Airport to Travelodge Sydney

You can pick up pre paid SIM cards at any 7/11 or supermarket so you won't have a problem even late at night.

10. Re: From Airport to Travelodge Sydney

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 July 2015, 05:17