We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sydney Opera dinner package

Which Sydney hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Santa Cruz...
Level Contributor
18 posts
Save Topic
Sydney Opera dinner package

We will be in Sydney for a few days in November. I am looking to book a Sydney Opera Symphony and dinner package with Viator just wondering if anyone has any tips and or advise. It asks for A or B seating. I looked at the seating chart but it doesn't give the option to pick a certain seat? Are you just assigned a seat by the A or B selection? What would be the best selection???

We also want to visit the Blue Mountains, and climb Sydney Harbor Bridge just wondering which is the best companies to go with.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
8,270 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Sydney Opera dinner package

The climb over the Bridge - only one firm does this hence the high price. Alternative is just to climb the 200 stairs at the southern east pylon for $13 adult. Walk over the Bridge for free.

Sydney/Melbourne
Level Contributor
18,046 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Sydney Opera dinner package

I'm not sure why you would go through a booking agency to do a dinner and show at the Opera House.

Go to their website http://www.sydneyoperahouse.com/ and pick a date and show you want to see. You can select your own seats quite easily this way.

You can have a casual meal in the Opera House at Bistro Mozart, or, if you prefer something fancier there are a plethora of upmarket restaurants around Circular Quay that are just a few minutes walk from the House.

Have a look at a foodie website like www.urbanspoon.com and pick a place that fits your style of dining, cuisine and wallet.

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Sydney, Uluru-Kata Tjuta National Park, Airlie Beach, Whitsunday Islands
Level Contributor
18,950 posts
184 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Sydney Opera dinner package

Yep.

I'm with emel

pick seats via the SOH website UNLESS the only option is to do the package which sometimes does happen as they tour companies get a quota

I have no idea what viator have as a b but i would think they are more to the side. TBH there are no really bad seats in the OH

4. Re: Sydney Opera dinner package

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 July 2015, 04:16