We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Strictly Ballroom musical in Oct?

singapore
Level Contributor
179 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Strictly Ballroom musical in Oct?

Hello,

I will only be in Sydney from 1 oct onwards & would like to see this musical if I can.

I see Ticketmaster selling tickets till 13 Sep, but am unable to find more info.

Will this be the last performance in Sydney, or should I check later if more tickets are usually released/ show run extended ?

Thanks.

Brisbane, Australia
Destination Expert
for Brisbane
Level Contributor
12,073 posts
110 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Strictly Ballroom musical in Oct?

The show is moving to Melbourne in January and the new show at the Lyric also starts in January ... I presume they will extend the season but it's never definite until they announce it. The cast have to have their break and arrange moving house etc ... so they generally allow a couple of months in between seasons. All you can do is wait patiently ... or even contact the Lyric theatre, they may have some information. Good Luck ... it's a great show.

Mentioned in this post
Melbourne
Melbourne
Victoria, Australia
Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
for Perth, Antarctic Adventures
Level Contributor
16,228 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Strictly Ballroom musical in Oct?

Last I heard from cast members was they are definitely booked til late Nov as long as sales stay the way they are. Ticketmaster releases them in blocks tho so you just need to check every few weeks. You can email the producers for help - they are always happy to help. Their team runs the facebook page

https:/…strictlyballroomthemusical

singapore
Level Contributor
179 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Strictly Ballroom musical in Oct?

Thank you. I will check periodically for tickets.

BTW,i will be staying at Rydges World Square, with elderly mum who can't walk more than 10 min.

What would be the best way to get to an evening show at Lyric Theatre & back to the hotel after the performance?

Taxi/ rental car?

Brisbane, Australia
Destination Expert
for Brisbane
Level Contributor
12,073 posts
110 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Strictly Ballroom musical in Oct?

Just a taxi ... simple and no parking problems.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
1,818 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Strictly Ballroom musical in Oct?

A taxi would be the best option for you and your elderly mum. It's a short distance and would only cost about $10 (maybe $15 if traffic is bad, or if the return is after 10pm when night rates apply).

You can also take the light rail/tram which goes from Hay St, just a couple of blocks from World Square, directly to The Star. However return tickets are $6-something each, so unless you have a MyMulti ticket already, I think the small savings will not be worth it given the extra hassle of getting to the stop.

Definitely don't use a rental car, the parking fees are astronomical in Sydney. If you have a car for other parts of your trip, you should return it before the Sydney city portion of your visit.

singapore
Level Contributor
179 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Strictly Ballroom musical in Oct?

Thanks for the advice, everyone.

Looking forward to the trip!

Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
for Perth, Antarctic Adventures
Level Contributor
16,228 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Strictly Ballroom musical in Oct?

Dates up to Oct 5 are now up on sale on ticketmaster if that lines up with your travel dates.

8. Re: Strictly Ballroom musical in Oct?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 July 2015, 05:16