We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Are there any 2 days tour to Blue Mountain & Jenolan Caves?

Which Sydney hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Sydney, Australia
5 posts
Save Topic
Are there any 2 days tour to Blue Mountain & Jenolan Caves?

Help needed!

My family of 5 is going to have 10 days in Sydney, therefore, we'll have quite a few days to spend. I'm thinking that 2 days/1 Night stay and tour around the Blue Mountain and Jenolan Caves would be pretty ideal, rather than a rushed day tour.

So I'm wondering if there are any recommendation for good tour group that offer such thing? Also, would be preferable if it's not too expensive! Or if anyone have got an itinerary for this kind of getaway, I would love it if you share. :)

Edited: 12 July 2014, 17:24
Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
1,777 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Are there any 2 days tour to Blue Mountain & Jenolan Caves?

Hi,

There isn't really any need to have a "tour group" for such a trip - you can organize this yourself easily enough.

Day 1 - depart Sydney on the train from Central Station

* arrive Katoomba, go to your hotel to drop your bags- find one in Katoomba close to the train station

* possibly purchase a TrolleyTours or Explorer bus pass

* catch the Trolley Express public bus ($2.30 per ride) to Echo Point and Scenic world, or use the TrolleyTours/Explorer bus pass (more expensive but includes Leura)

Day 2- Jenolan Caves Tour with this company : www.trolleytours.com.au/jenolan-caves-tours

* departs Katoomba 10:35 am and returns by 5pm

* Catch train back to Sydney

Hope this helps and enjoy your trip - I agree that 2 days is necessary if you also want to see Jenolan, as it basically takes the entire day, especially if you aren't driving yourself.

Edited: 13 July 2014, 01:07
Sydney, Australia
5 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Are there any 2 days tour to Blue Mountain & Jenolan Caves?

Hi, and thank you Jeremy!

I wasn't really thinking of going by myself since I'm really still unfamilar with Sydney, but now that you mention it, that sounds pretty achievable too. :)

I've seen around and made some notes on places that people usually visit around the area (Blue Mountains and Jenolan Caves), I wonder if all these can be easily covered in two days if I'm navigating around alone..? (as in finding our ways around ourselves without any tour guide, but not driving by myself. More like relying on public transports)

Blue Mountains National Park, Featherdale Wildlife park, National Park bushwalks, Three Sisters, Katoomba, Blackheath village, Jenolan Caves (cave tour), Kanangra Boyd National Park,and Govetts Leap lookout.

Sounds like there are heaps of places!

I'm also wondering if the entry passess to many of these places would be cheaper if we join a tour group instead of buying them ourselves..

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
1,777 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Are there any 2 days tour to Blue Mountain & Jenolan Caves?

The itinerary that I proposed is what I would do on a two-day, one-night trip. You can't realistically get to places like Featherdale (which is in western Sydney, not in the Blue Mountains at all), Govetts Leap, Kanagra Boyd, etc, in such a short time unless you have your own car or are joining a tour group. I suppose there are multiple day tours available, I just have no knowledge of them personally.

If you do have a few days, why not hire a car? Unless you don't have a driving license I would not shy away from that; it's a relatively easy area to drive in without too much traffic and not too many places to get lost.

If you don't want to drive to and from Sydney due to the traffic there, you could even take the train to Katoomba and then hire the car there to get around. It will open up many more possibilities (I would add Wentworth Falls to the list as a pretty spot to visit).

Sydney, Australia
5 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Are there any 2 days tour to Blue Mountain & Jenolan Caves?

Woops! You're right!

I was putting down the list of places from people who went to Blue Mountain, but I guess some of those people had gone with a tour group (hence those places being listed there).

I see- I have been looking for multiple (2 day 1 night) tour too so that we can get to see more places, but not really much luck so far. In case that we really can't, I suppose I'll go by your itinerary, since it really does sound simpler that way (not as complicated as I thought it would be) :)

And yes, I'm still about to get a driving license, so no license yet for me. My parents do have theirs tho, but I'm not sure if they'll be allowed to drive with another country's license..? (My family will all come and visit to Australia for the first time.)

But yeah, that sounds good enough plan to me if I can't cover every of those places. Thanks for suggesting Wentworth Falls too, I googled it up and sure that looks beautiful!

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
2 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Are there any 2 days tour to Blue Mountain & Jenolan Caves?

Hi there! It can seem daunting working out how to get around. Definitely a car is the best way to go so you have freedom and can choose where to stop. But, maybe ask this company about a charter for your family... http://www.flamingalahtours.com.au Their site seems friendly. Enjoy the trip!

Sydney
Level Contributor
120 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Are there any 2 days tour to Blue Mountain & Jenolan Caves?

Yes there is these types of tours. Depending on what style/price range you want, Aussie Adventures (part of AAT Kings group) has a two day/one night, or three day/two nights and Jenolan Caves options.

Sydney, Australia
5 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Are there any 2 days tour to Blue Mountain & Jenolan Caves?

Hello WickedWalkaboutAu,

Yes, that's the concern my parents expressed to me when I mentioned about trying to navigate around on our own. (Hence me asking around for tour groups)

Thank you for the suggestion! I've looked into the website, and yeah that looks pretty good too. Although I suppose that's too not much places visited. But seems to cover the necessary ones. :)

Sydney, Australia
5 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Are there any 2 days tour to Blue Mountain & Jenolan Caves?

Hi YHA_Backpacker,

Thank you for the suggestion! Although it seems I can only find 1 day tours offered on that website. (like 1 day blue mt, or 1 day for both blue mt and jenolan- which I'm afraid might ended up a bit too rushed)..

9. Re: Are there any 2 days tour to Blue Mountain & Jenolan Caves?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 July 2015, 05:15