We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

sydney booking centre website

Which Sydney hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Medan
Level Contributor
963 posts
27 reviews
Save Topic
sydney booking centre website

anyone here has experience booking day tour through sydneybookingcentre.com.au ??

or has any recommendation for tour operator for a day trip, mid range price preferable

cheers mate

Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
for Sydney, Bargain Travel, Food and Travel
Level Contributor
24,285 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: sydney booking centre website

Hello,

There are a number of 'booking centres' located around the city, however without overstating the obvious, they are simply an agent, so the purchase is not direct. These offices have some appeal to those wondering around in person, as they can chat to the agent.

However, booking online, they don't really serve any great benefit, and very rarely of any significant discount. The benefit of booking directly with the service provider usually outweighs using an agent. And in addition, if you're staying a number of nights in Sydney, it is always a consideration to book on arrival, which would then take into account anything unforeseen, such as fatigue, weather etc. These tours can be booked at your hotel, by the concierge or front desk, at no extra cost.

As for recommendations, it depends on where you wish to go, and your preferences. Most of the major attractions such as the Blue Mountains and Hunter Valley, have both large tour companies, as well as smaller boutique operators, each with their pros and cons.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
1,777 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: sydney booking centre website

It should also be noted that you can often book online directly with the operator, on their own web site (not on some agent's site), and get 10-15% savings. This represents the commission that would have been paid to the agent or concierge. I did this recently for a whale watching trip, but not all operators offer these online discounts.

Sometimes it may be a little unclear who the service provider actually is - the booking agents do their best to hide this to try to stop you from bypassing them and going straight to the operator! It's a bit of an annoying system in that regard.

Medan
Level Contributor
963 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: sydney booking centre website

thank you both for the reply. the reason i ask is this particular website offer very little detail and info and therefore i am a bit suspicious . as i surf around i found their price to be quite competitive (another reason i am suspicious) obviously i don't know which operator they actually referring to on a certain trip, thats why i cant make a direct comparison with the same destination day trip i found on say, att kings.

anyway, i found ATT kings to be a little bit over my budget. i know their reputation and all thats why i search for them. so any other operator that is below att king price that you would recommend?

and will a walk in price be cheaper than advance ol booking? i did book some tour by walk in on the many tour operator offices at circular quay, but that was 10 years ago

Medan
Level Contributor
963 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: sydney booking centre website

@KVE1005 : yeah its the usual suspect such as blue mountain, hunter valley, port stephen

Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
for Sydney, Bargain Travel, Food and Travel
Level Contributor
24,285 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: sydney booking centre website

G'day artemiofranchi,

The Sydney Booking Centre is legitimate, but geared heavily towards walk in visitors than great online service.

AAT Kings do indeed have one of the largest presence for Day Tours in Sydney, as does APT (aptouring.com.au/Destinations/…NSW-ACT). However, if you're wishing for a more budget conscious alternative, perhaps one of smaller boutique operators may suit;

Oztrek - http://www.oztrek.com.au

Oz Trails - http://www.oztrails.com.au

The primary differences are that the smaller operators use minibuses, rather than the full sized coaches, so they lack seat comfort, however because they are smaller groups, they tend to be more informative, and spend more time at each location.

Unfortunately, the tour costs are rarely discounted with these companies I've listed, regardless of how it is booked. On a positive note, most hotels will carry the brochures, and the tours can be booked by the hotel staff.

Edited: 22 July 2014, 17:31
Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
1,777 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: sydney booking centre website

If you are looking to save money, why don't you do the Blue Mountains trip on the train? The train trip is about $17 return or included in the MyMulti 3 ticket, should you choose to use that to get around Sydney. Add on a public bus to get to the main attractions at $2.30 per ride, or choose one of the Hop-on, Hop-off buses. Overall that will save you a lot compared to bus tours, and you can control your own schedule. You might not be able to visit quite as many locations but you can explore them more.

Also, Port Stephens is a long way from Sydney - any particular reason you want to go there? Much of what can be found there is more accessible at closer locations and could save you a lot of time in a bus on a freeway. We can provide some recommendations on beaches and coastal scenery (I prefer the South Coast myself).

Obviously there are rental cars too, which is generally more affordable than a bus tour if you have 2+ people travelling together. Driving out of Sydney traffic is not quite so easy but if you are a generally a confident, safe driver you should be fine.

Medan
Level Contributor
963 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: sydney booking centre website

cheers for those links KVE. yeah i don't mind the mini bus, if any i actually prefer those small group intimate day trip.

@jeremy: PS mainly for the dolphin watching and also the sand dune. would like to hear your suggestions of alternative destination though

travel with the missus this time around and she doesnt do rough it out, everything has to be straight forward (and still fit out small budget) so yeah i am looking for the magical quick and easy but cheap option here. the train option sounds good though, give have chance to explore more along the way over there for sure. will dig up more into it

8. Re: sydney booking centre website

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 July 2015, 05:16