We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

End of November/beginning of December

Hong Kong
Level Contributor
109 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
End of November/beginning of December

Is end of November/beginning of December a good time to visit Sydney and the surrounding areas - Hudson Valley, Blue Mountains, ets? We have two weeks. Where else should we go after Sydney at that time of the year? We are traveling with a 1-year old.

KL
Level Contributor
171 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: End of November/beginning of December

Hi, I have been to Sydney twice 10 years ago, both during early December, I find it just nice, not too cold and not hot ( hope the climate not change drastically).

I'm also doing trip planning for my family, youngest 19 months by then, travelling at the same period as you, for 10 days. see the link

tripadvisor.com.my/…60069413

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
1,124 posts
311 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: End of November/beginning of December

It's a great time of the of year to visit Sydney.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
1,124 posts
311 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: End of November/beginning of December

The Gold Coast from Coolangatta to Surfers Paradise in Queensland is also a good area for tourists to vist.

Oz
Level Contributor
12,818 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: End of November/beginning of December

Hi,

Great time of the year to visit.

The Hudson Valley is one hell of a side bar trip seeing it is in NY state in the USA.

Seeing you haven't given us a clue as to your interests it is difficult to advise you but areas of interest to many include:

Uluru/Kata-Juta

Tropical Queensland

The Great Barrie Reef

Kangaroo Island

Canberra

Tasmania

Kakadu

The Gold Coast

The Hunter Valley

The Barossa Valley

Broome

Darwin

Alice Springs

Lithgow

Cheers,

Hong Kong
Level Contributor
109 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: End of November/beginning of December

Thank you so much, everyone, for your replies! How does a week in Sydney and a week in Tasmania sound? The Gold Coast sounds great, but I am afraid it will be very hot there at the time of the year we are going. We would love to spend some time in a beautiful place near water and nature though, where we don't have to do too much driving.

Gungahlin, Australia
Destination Expert
for Canberra
Level Contributor
15,484 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: End of November/beginning of December

You are listing some popular destinations and some vague requirements but IMO it's not quite coming together. Just naming well-known tourist destinations with no explanation of why those places interest you makes it hard for us to know what best to advise.

Hunter Valley (I'm guessing that's what you meant?). It is a big wine region, did you intend to tour wineries with a one year old?

Tasmania. It is a popular touring holiday destination, but you say you don't want too much driving?

So maybe you could provide us with some more information please?

>>a beautiful place near water and nature<<

Do you want a swimming and playing on the beach type location, that is for water activities, or simply the views and ambience of a coastal location. I ask because of factors like water temperature and dangerous rips and so on, some locations might be suitable for a nice seaside holiday with scenic walks and good seafood restaurants but would not be suitable if you want to take your toddler paddling.

>>where we don't have to do too much driving<<

Do you want to not drive every day? Or do you want to not drive more than an hour or two at a time? Or what? Could you tell us what sort of schedule you would enjoy? How much driving and how much staying put? Would you like a week in Sydney and a week in another location? Or enough days in Sydney to see some main attractions and then 2-3 days in a few other locations? What sort of holiday do you have in mind?

The more you can tell us about your needs, the better we can tailor our suggestions to your needs.

7. Re: End of November/beginning of December

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 September 2015, 06:16