We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Nearest Petrol Station to Sydney Airport

Kidderminster
Level Contributor
42 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
Nearest Petrol Station to Sydney Airport

Hi.

Will be off to Australia in November and will be hiring a car from Sydney Airport.

Just wondering if anyone can give a heads up as to where the nearest petrol station is so we can fill up and give the car a wash before dropping off?

Many thanks.

Sydney/Melbourne
Level Contributor
18,129 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Nearest Petrol Station to Sydney Airport

It really depends in the route you take to get to the airport. If you come past the domestic terminal there's a petrol station on the road that goes past all the fast food outlets. Whichever way you travel you'll see petrol stations within the last 5 km.

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Sydney, Uluru-Kata Tjuta National Park, Airlie Beach, Whitsunday Islands
Level Contributor
19,304 posts
190 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Nearest Petrol Station to Sydney Airport

not if you come down M5 to international….

if departing from international and coming from M5 use the station mentioned above. You will have to back track.

I'd suggest doing the wash the day before.

If coming from the city if you use the o riordan st route you'll drive past station about 5 minutes before domestic. Its a caltex

Edited: 25 August 2014, 22:04
Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
9,085 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Nearest Petrol Station to Sydney Airport

Depends on how dirty the car is but I have never washed a hire car before returning it - yes filled up the petrol tank (and not all petrol stations have car washes).

Kidderminster
Level Contributor
42 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Nearest Petrol Station to Sydney Airport

Lightbulb moment - just checked on Google Earth and there a few shown very locally.

I will be coimg back to Sydney from the Blue Mounrains so will pick a suitable route to accommodate a refill.

Many thanks.

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
19,304 posts
190 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Nearest Petrol Station to Sydney Airport

They are near Domestic :)

Best for domestic from BMs will be the one just off M5 with Maccas

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
Level Contributor
87,487 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Nearest Petrol Station to Sydney Airport

The rental companies do not use a dipstick to check the tank. As long as the gauge reads "Full", they are happy. Anywhere within 25 km of the airport will be fine.

Sydney/Melbourne
Level Contributor
18,129 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Nearest Petrol Station to Sydney Airport

That's what we have always done in the past, however, last time we rented they took the car round to the pump, topped it up and then charged us for a liter and a bit at their exorbitant rates. Mind you, it wasn't one of the majors so I guess that's the price one pays for going with the cheap option.

Melboune
Level Contributor
2,185 posts
183 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Nearest Petrol Station to Sydney Airport

A bit off topic, but where I had only done a low mileage on a car, a major car rental company (in Canberra) wanted to see the receipt to prove I'd filled it up. I had the receipt (fortunately) but now, I am careful to get one.

Edited: 26 August 2014, 02:40
Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
19,304 posts
190 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Nearest Petrol Station to Sydney Airport

Eva that is becoming more and more common as people only fill rentals to the click off

If you are going to drive the extra 25 km or so make sure you fill till you can't squeeze in another drop

As for washing. It's a nice insurance policy if the car is incredibly dirty The hire company won't always rehash so they don't do as close an inspection nor wil you be stung for damage you didn't do if it looks good

Sydney, Australia
1 post
Save Reply
10. Re: Nearest Petrol Station to Sydney Airport

Nearest Petrol Station to International Airport coming from Newcastle direction