We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

New years eve in sydney

Which Sydney hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Ireland
1 post
Save Topic
New years eve in sydney

Hi there

I'm travelling to Sydney for a month after Xmas with my sister, we will be in Sydney for new years eve.

I was wondering where would be the best place to be to c the fireworks , any recommendations would be greatly appreciated.

I've looked at the cruises but think they are very expensive and maybe geared towards the older clientele. Any ideas would be great,

We are in our mid to late 20's

C.x

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
1,788 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: New years eve in sydney

There are plenty of cruises that would suit your age group - it really depends on what you're looking for. Most of them try to attract all ages. You're right that they are expensive, it is a very popular thing to do and there is limited space on each boat, so the cost becomes high.

There are literally hundreds of places to see the fireworks, and they are all going to be difficult in some way due to the popularity. Your basic choice is between a ticketed location (quite expensive) like the zoo or a restaurant/bar near the harbour, or one of the public parks.

Information on public vantage points will be available later in the year at this web site: www.sydneynewyearseve.com/vantage-points/ . For many of the park locations you must arrive in the morning or by midday on Jan 31, waiting in the sun/heat all day long, for the fireworks shows which are only 20 minutes combined (12 minutes at midnight and 8 minutes at 9pm is typical of past years). Thousands of people do it and really enjoy the atmosphere in the parks - but keep in mind that you must bring your own food, the queues for toilets can be lengthy, and most locations prohibit bringing your own alcohol (though you can purchase from expensive tents/carts on site).

Quick question - where are you staying? Transport back to your accommodation from the various NYE events can be tricky. (If you haven't found accommodation yet, book now!)

2. Re: New years eve in sydney

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 September 2015, 06:15