We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sydney dining with kids

Which Sydney hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Geelong, Australia
Level Contributor
12 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Sydney dining with kids

We'll be in Sydney (staying nr Darling Harbour) for a week in April with a 2yr old and 7 mth old and although we'll be on a tight-ish budget, would like to have at least one fairly nice and civilised meal out.

Any recommendations for somewhere that will have toddler-friendly food (even a bowl of chips will do), highchairs if possible, but also has good food that hubby & I can enjoy? We'd probably prefer to be able to have lunch or an early dinner so we (and other people) don't have to put up with a tired, grizzly, possibly crying or squealing 2yrold!

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Sydney, Uluru-Kata Tjuta National Park, Airlie Beach, Whitsunday Islands
Level Contributor
18,813 posts
182 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Sydney dining with kids

I can't think of anywhere in the city other than Jordans but I think with some help there are better options..

EM may be able to suggest somewhere at manly.

We have two kids faves but they are both at cronulla...both have views and playground equipment in the park only a stones throw away (if little one needs a table break it's a good option and bribery)

the only other i can think of is Doyles at Watsons bay (pack a spade for playing in the sand and request the very front tables and tell them why)

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
581 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Sydney dining with kids

My daughters live at Pyrmont (behind Darling Harbour) and we have come to frequent a few restaurants there. Oscars in Pyrmont Bridge Road just up from the entry to Darling Harbour have nice meals, it is a bit noisy with background music and other people (always pretty busy) but you wouldn't have to worry about the kids being noisy then... My husband loves the ribs there, I usually have something vegetarian, I think they also have pasta, and I'm sure they have chips... not too expensive. On the city side of Darling Harbour there are numerous restaurants, you can sit indoors or outdoors, Steak places, Italian - you can just stroll along look at the menus at the entries, and make a decision on the spot to best suit your taste. We have tried quite a few, and they have been all good. Prices are probably similar......... Cheers LS

Geelong, Australia
Level Contributor
12 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Sydney dining with kids

thanks for those ideas - gives us something to work with :-)

4. Re: Sydney dining with kids

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 August 2009, 21:16