We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Australia for 3 weeks

Galway
4 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Australia for 3 weeks

Hey all,

Goin to Australlia for 3 weeks in March with my girlfriend.Goin Stayin in syndey for a week and then doin the east coast. Need sum idea's on

1. Where to Stay in syndey, want to stay near darling harbour.What hotels??

2. Will two weeks be enough to travel by car from sydney to carins?

3. What companies are good for car hire (one way)

Look for to yer replies

Sydney Australia
Level Contributor
1,161 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Australia for 3 weeks

As of last September the main company not charging a one-way drop off fee was Budget. We did Sydney to Cairns in two weeks but we have seen most of the coast before-it would be rushed. Think about driving, say, sydney to Brisbane then flying to eg mackay and then drive on to Cairns. There is a lot of not much to see hours each side of Rockhampton. (We had to do the whole thing by car as the Gold Coast airport was closed by floods and we couldn't get a flight to get us to Brisbane in time for the wedding we were invited to!) Long long drive.

Cape Elizabeth...
Destination Expert
for Portland, Antigua
Level Contributor
1,471 posts
168 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Australia for 3 weeks

I think the rental companies vary their fees----what they do one week is not necessarily what they do the next. I had no drop-off fee with Hertz. Just keep checking the websites for the best deal.

I agree with what Karen suggests....there is a whole lot of nothing to see on that trip after the Brisbane area. I dropped the car in Brisbane and took JetStar onward. If you do decide to drive the whole way, I think 2 weeks is pushing it (too much driving, not enough sightseeing).

Can't help with the Darling Harbour hotels, sorry.

3. Re: Australia for 3 weeks

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 August 2009, 03:17