We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Drive Beyond 4WD Camper Rental - Anyone used this company?

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
9 posts
6 reviews
Drive Beyond 4WD Camper Rental - Anyone used this company?

Hi,

I'm looking at renting a 4WD camper through the company 'Drive Beyond' - www.drivebeyond.com.au and just wondering if anyone has used them before? Struggling to find reviews on them.

Thanks,

Michael

Level Contributor
4 posts
8 reviews
1. Re: Drive Beyond 4WD Camper Rental - Anyone used this company?

Hi,

Me and my friend used the company and used a Nissan 4wd. It was a great adventure until the Nissan broke down they were great with getting a tow truck and a replacement vehicle. Returned the Nissan 31st of December and just received a email today (jan 15th) claiming that we put the wrong feul in it and they are keeping the $5000 bond! DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
5 posts
4 reviews
2. Re: Drive Beyond 4WD Camper Rental - Anyone used this company?

Hello,

This is Nathan here from Drive Beyond.

Whilst I understand your frustrations, when you called complaining the vehicle had stopped working, we did ask if you put the wrong fuel in the tank to which you replied you had not. When we had the vehicle towed to Nissan mechanics in Alice Springs, they eventually found you had used the wrong fuel. You also had the standard insurance which does make you liable for any costs/damages you do to the vehicle. Also, as explained via email, we are getting the report and invoice from Nissan and will be sending this through with a list of the costs. Once we get this we can total it all up and refund the balance. Lastly, I feel its extremely unfair that you would post a negative review about our company purely because you don't want to take responsibility for your mistake. Our staff work extremely hard at building the best and the toughest vehicles with more features and functionality than any other vehicle on the market, and words like this can damage our reputation that we are working so hard to build.

3. Re: Drive Beyond 4WD Camper Rental - Anyone used this company?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 21 January 2015, 09:35
Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
5 posts
4 reviews
4. Re: Drive Beyond 4WD Camper Rental - Anyone used this company?

Hello again,

Nathan here from Drive Beyond.

As stated in the previous email, it was Nissan who diagnosed the vehicle. They have no reason to make this up as they get paid no matter what the problem is. The fact that it happened at the fuel station adds further proof of the error on your part. We do our best to ensure customers have the best time possible in our vehicles, but in this instance we simply can't wear the cost due to your mistake.

Level Contributor
4 posts
8 reviews
5. Re: Drive Beyond 4WD Camper Rental - Anyone used this company?

Hi,

Well it's better to be in possession of all the facts before making assumptions, which you obviously have, as what you just claimed is totally untrue and we can prove it. Also I will won't make any further comment until the issue has come to a conculision and all the FACTS have been stated.

Thanks

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
9 posts
6 reviews
6. Re: Drive Beyond 4WD Camper Rental - Anyone used this company?

Hi Nathan, any chance you could shoot me a reply to my email?

Cheers,

Michael

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
3,990 posts
105 reviews
7. Re: Drive Beyond 4WD Camper Rental - Anyone used this company?

What was the wrong fuel?

Cebu City...
Destination Expert
for Cebu City, Cebu Island
Level Contributor
12,732 posts
53 reviews
8. Re: Drive Beyond 4WD Camper Rental - Anyone used this company?

What was the wrong fuel?

------------------------------------

Most likely put petrol in a diesel tank.

It is a common problem with people used to driving petrol cars. They instinctively reach for the petrol nozzle.

You can't get a diesel nozzle into the filler neck for a petrol tank but a petrol nozzle goes easily into a diesel filler neck.

I they drove the car more than a few kilometres, the motor may be stuffed in which case the repair bill may exceed $5000

So I am not surprised that the rental company is holding the bond.

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
5 posts
4 reviews
9. Re: Drive Beyond 4WD Camper Rental - Anyone used this company?

Hi Champ,

Did you receive my reply?

Nathan.

Level Contributor
4 posts
8 reviews
10. Re: Drive Beyond 4WD Camper Rental - Anyone used this company?

Hi,

Could you send me and Jimi a reply to our emails please Nathan?

Thanks