We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

July/Aug overnight in Uluru

Which Alice Springs hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Otterlo, The...
Level Contributor
41 posts
114 reviews
Save Topic
July/Aug overnight in Uluru

How's it like sleeping overnight in a swag at Uluru camping grounds in July/Aug? Is it way too cold and unbearable? Any recommendations to stay warm?

Or what happens when it rains? I'm joining one of those 3D2N tours that includes camping 2 nights in a swag at Uluru :)

Thanks!

Darwin, Australia
Destination Expert
for Darwin
Level Contributor
4,402 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: July/Aug overnight in Uluru

The chance of rain is very remote so I wouldn't worry about that (it is the desert after all).

Yes it gets cold (can be below freezing). Not a problem if you have a really good sleeping bag etc. but I would make sure you bring thermals and a woolly hat. The good thing is it warms during the day so you can thaw out.

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Sydney, Uluru-Kata Tjuta National Park, Airlie Beach, Whitsunday Islands
Level Contributor
18,793 posts
182 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: July/Aug overnight in Uluru

Rain is not an issue

How do you go camping in die nederlande at -4 in winter/autumn

Alice Springs...
Destination Expert
for Alice Springs, Kings Canyon, Uluru-Kata Tjuta National Park, Red Centre
Level Contributor
369 posts
1,924 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: July/Aug overnight in Uluru

The above posts have covered it all!

Most of the tour companies allow for the colder nights with the right equipment supplied by them.

Also, the stars and the night sky you will experience is fabulous, better than a hotel stay.

4. Re: July/Aug overnight in Uluru

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 June 2015, 06:16