We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Exact directions Ayers Rock Airport to King's Canyon Resort

London, United...
13 posts
Save Topic
Exact directions Ayers Rock Airport to King's Canyon Resort

Hi-have searched and can't find this anywhere. Can any provide exact detailed written directions from Ayers Rock airport to King Canyon Resort on the bitumen/asphalt road ie leave the airport that the second round about, etc..with landmarks along the way-I am a bit nervous driving here.

Will there be much other traffic do you think- we will be 230pm leaving Ayers Rock Airport and then 630-7am the leaving to return.

I am better with written directions than maps! Also is it exactly the reverse to go back?

Many thanks,

John

South Pacific
Destination Expert
for Hobart, Tasmania
Level Contributor
27,797 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Exact directions Ayers Rock Airport to King's Canyon Resort

There is only one road out of the airport. Follow it about 4 km until you get to a T-intersection with the Lasseter Highway. Turn left (the opposite direction to Uluru) and follow the Lasseter Highway for 140 km, through Curtin Springs and past Mount Connor (can't miss it) until you get to the intersection of the Luitja Road (signposted to Kings Canyon). Turn left onto that road. Drive 168km to Kings Canyon Resort (which is about 30 km past Kings Creek station).

And if in doubt, just stop and ask at any of the two places you see along the way. :)

Luigi

London, United...
13 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Exact directions Ayers Rock Airport to King's Canyon Resort

Thanks very much that is really helpful!

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Sydney, Uluru-Kata Tjuta National Park, Business Travel, New South Wales
Level Contributor
30,492 posts
1,583 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Exact directions Ayers Rock Airport to King's Canyon Resort

This link may also assist you regarding other tips within the region.

tripadvisor.com/GoListDetail-i17672-Uluru_Ng…

Australia
Level Contributor
447 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Exact directions Ayers Rock Airport to King's Canyon Resort

Hi Jjmas my husband and I are traveling to ayers rock in august, we have not been there before, BUT I can assure you that you will have no problems with directions! I am thinking the roads will be fairly straight and long and well signposted. Many people have advised on this forum not to travel at night, I think it will take you about 3.5 hours to get from Ayers Rock to Kings Canyon. If you have time Kata Tjuta (The Olgas) are worth visiting also and I think it is only 50 klms from Ayers Rock. Have a great time and you will enjoy driving in the Red Centre. Luigi, I did have a laugh at your reply, thank you for bringing a smile to my face.

5. Re: Exact directions Ayers Rock Airport to King's Canyon Resort

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 June 2015, 14:19
Get answers to your questions about Kings Canyon