We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

reliable and budget tour company to Litchfield and kakadu

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
5 posts
1 review
Save Topic
reliable and budget tour company to Litchfield and kakadu

hi

Need your advise.

Has anyone done the one day to Litchfield National park and 3 days Kakadu park with any reliable and budget tour operator? Any suggestions please?

Feb is a wet season. Will the national park still open and the view and landscape are still worthwhile? Thanks

Ethical Adventures NT
Boat Tours, Eco Tours, Sightseeing Tours, Nature & Wildlife Tours, Day Trips
Wallaroo Tours
Nature & Wildlife Tours, Day Trips, Sightseeing Tours
AAT Kings
Nature & Wildlife Tours, Day Trips, Sightseeing Tours, Bus Tours
Kakadu
Level Contributor
106 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: reliable and budget tour company to Litchfield and kakadu

Yes the parks are open and worthwhile, try Aussie Tours, Connections, Travel North, APT, or Kings.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
5 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: reliable and budget tour company to Litchfield and kakadu

Dear Kenhoath

Thank you so much. for your reply. Much appreciated. I am sure I will enjoy NT regardless of the weather and take nature as it is.

Darwin
Level Contributor
25 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: reliable and budget tour company to Litchfield and kakadu

Don't be pessimistic, this is THE time to visit Litchfield. The country is lush and waterfalls awesome, and you can drive right to them (which you can't do in Kakadu when they're flowing). Check out one of the new indigenous tours to Litchfield to get a truly local guide.

cheers

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
5 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: reliable and budget tour company to Litchfield and kakadu

Dear Darwin Topender

I will take your advice. Thank you so much. I will bring a good raincoat and a big heart to enjoy the landscape and the native people. I am flying out tomorrow.Wish me luck.

El Paso, Texas
Level Contributor
141 posts
739 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: reliable and budget tour company to Litchfield and kakadu

I am just now writing about the part of our odyssey Down Under with my two children (then 15yo daughter, 17yo son) and myself ("the old man") 27MAY-15JUL2006 when I came across your post. Although my information is a bit dated, I highly recommend Kakadu Dreams. We had a 2night/3day everything included outback camping, hiking, swimming, cultural exploration that was worth every bit. Because Australia is such a huge continent and we only had 5.5 weeks (1.5 weeks in Kiwiland), we often altered transport, flying from Cairns to Darwin (it is a 4-day bus trip which would have left little time for Kakadu) and, later, from Perth to Melbourne (which saved us 3days on the famous Indian-Pacific Train, something we had taken from Adelaide to Perth). I distinctly remember being told that the "only reason to go to Darwin is to go to Kakadu" and I will mostly agree with the statement. I say mostly because I didn't find ANYWHERE we went Down Under disagreeable or a disappointment. I can't wait to go back, just need $5000USD pp! And my wife will go this time, too, whenever it happens--hopefully 2011? Please check out other trips I've had with my family at: www.juanitohayburg.com comments always welcome!

El Paso, Texas
Level Contributor
141 posts
739 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: reliable and budget tour company to Litchfield and kakadu

I am just now writing about the part of our odyssey Down Under with my two children (then 15yo daughter, 17yo son) and myself ("the old man") 27MAY-15JUL2006 when I came across your post. Although my information is a bit dated, I highly recommend Kakadu Dreams. We had a 2night/3day everything included outback camping, hiking, swimming, cultural exploration that was worth every bit. Because Australia is such a huge continent and we only had 5.5 weeks (1.5 weeks in Kiwiland), we often altered transport, flying from Cairns to Darwin (it is a 4-day bus trip which would have left little time for Kakadu) and, later, from Perth to Melbourne (which saved us 3days on the famous Indian-Pacific Train, something we had taken from Adelaide to Perth). I distinctly remember being told that the "only reason to go to Darwin is to go to Kakadu" and I will mostly agree with the statement. I say mostly because I didn't find ANYWHERE we went Down Under disagreeable or a disappointment. I can't wait to go back, just need $5000USD pp! And my wife will go this time, too, whenever it happens--hopefully 2011? Please check out other trips I've had with my family at: www.juanitohayburg.com comments always welcome!

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Sydney, Uluru-Kata Tjuta National Park, Business Travel, New South Wales
Level Contributor
30,669 posts
1,612 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: reliable and budget tour company to Litchfield and kakadu

thanks JH for your detailed information...its always good to hear recommendations from experienced travelers.

EM.

8. Re: reliable and budget tour company to Litchfield and kakadu

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 August 2010, 05:16
Get answers to your questions about Darwin