We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tall Ship Endeavour in Darwin soon

Sydney Australia
Level Contributor
1,760 posts
29 reviews
Save Topic
Tall Ship Endeavour in Darwin soon

Hi all as part of his job my husband is sailing around Australia on the tall ship HMB Endeavour.

Just wanted to let you know she will be in Darwin at Stokes Hill Wharf, Tinter Street open on 3 - 14 August

(don't quote me on dates).

When open to the public the ship is set up like a museum well worth a look.

Here's a link to the ships web site, the blogs been really interesting as they sail towards Darwin.

http://www.endeavourvoyages.com.au/

Darwin
Level Contributor
2,096 posts
164 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Tall Ship Endeavour in Darwin soon

Great thanks for letting us all know :-)). I will be sure to take my kids down to have a look.

Lou

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Sydney, Uluru-Kata Tjuta National Park, Business Travel, New South Wales
Level Contributor
30,423 posts
1,569 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Tall Ship Endeavour in Darwin soon

Cool ! What a fun experience for him. I hope the weather is good to them.

Please get back to us with details of his journey up the coast.

Thanks for sharing..

EM.

Darwin
Level Contributor
2,096 posts
164 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Tall Ship Endeavour in Darwin soon

Great thanks for letting us all know :-)). I will be sure to take my kids down to have a look.

Lou

Sydney Australia
Level Contributor
1,760 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Tall Ship Endeavour in Darwin soon

Hi Ellemay here is a link to the ships blog, there are some fantastic photos of the voyage from Thursday Island towards Darwin.

…wordpress.com/category/…

The original link I gave has information on costs and times, as well as links to the blog etc.

Lou if you take your kids say hi to Captain Ross (my hubby). I've told him to be extra nice to people from Tripadvisor:)

Cheers Deb.

Edited: 01 August 2011, 01:46
Darwin, Australia
Level Contributor
1,405 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Tall Ship Endeavour in Darwin soon

Hey Deb,

we are taking our 3yo son this weekend, we showed him the pics on line & he was so excited & now cant wait to go on the "big boat" lol,

thanks for the heads up :)

Vinny

Broadford, Australia
Destination Expert
for Melbourne
Level Contributor
2,186 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Tall Ship Endeavour in Darwin soon

Yes I read about this too. Shame you couldn't manage to keep it in port until we arrive on the 18th!

Gungahlin, Australia
Destination Expert
for Canberra
Level Contributor
15,489 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Tall Ship Endeavour in Darwin soon

Interesting to read on the blog that the ship has a support vehicle driving around Australia with it.

I checked the schedule, won't there be any stops between Eden and Sydney?

Sydney Australia
Level Contributor
1,760 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Tall Ship Endeavour in Darwin soon

Hi Macknee I think Enden is the last port visit, it'll be well and truly time to come home by then!

Darwin
Level Contributor
2,096 posts
164 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Tall Ship Endeavour in Darwin soon

I went down today with my family and it was really good and worth seeing. We arrived at 10.15 and OMG there was a line... unheard of in Darwin to queue for anything much. My friend who was near the front of the line said she had been waiting for 20 minutes (before opening time of 10).

It was interesting to hear how the crew and 'museam' items travel around with the ship. The items are packed at the end of each port call and are trucked to the next destination (hence the support vehicle). The crew then moves back onto the ship. The items are then unpacked at the next port and the crew stays in a hotel. The volunteers that I spoke to said that it is 'museam mode' or 'sailing mode'.

The ship itself is just amazing and very informative. Interestingly today the Sun Princess was also docked at Stokes Hill Wharf - all 9 levels. To get both ships in a picture was crazy to see how the world has come along.

Lou

10. Re: Tall Ship Endeavour in Darwin soon

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 October 2012, 18:19
Get answers to your questions about Darwin
Recent Conversations