We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Car Hire at stupid o'clock

Cranbourne...
Level Contributor
6,398 posts
128 reviews
Save Topic
Car Hire at stupid o'clock

We fly into Darwin at 3am, does anyone know if I can get a hire car at 4am? My information so far says not until 6am??

Thanks

Darwin, Australia
Destination Expert
for Darwin, Kakadu National Park
Level Contributor
2,802 posts
189 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Car Hire at stupid o'clock

When I have gone through the airport I have noticed that generally 3 agents are open at 4am, May depend on what bookings they have but ring them up and see if they will have a car ready for you.

See darwinairport.com.au/to-from-airport/car-ren…

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
2,579 posts
146 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Car Hire at stupid o'clock

I did this recently but it was not quite that late. I think 2am as our flight was late. We went with one of the larger companies and they were on deck to hand over keys etc. all done within a few minutes. However another couple on the same flight who were going to the same event booked with one of the local guys and they had issues getting their car and had to go back out to the airport the next morning.

Interesting that we also compared prices and ours was slightly cheaper. We booked with vroom vroom who just lists all the deals with the major companies. We went with the mystery special and had a great little 4 door automatic.

Cranbourne...
Level Contributor
6,398 posts
128 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Car Hire at stupid o'clock

Thanks for your input.

I have had contact with the owner of http://www.airportrentacar.com.au/ and he assures me I can get a car anytime of night with his company. The rates are good and I get 200 kms per day instead of 100 as per most others.

Darwin, Australia
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
2,802 posts
189 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Car Hire at stupid o'clock

Thats good to know. Thanks for the feedback.

Cranbourne...
Level Contributor
6,398 posts
128 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Car Hire at stupid o'clock

Just a follow up on this post....

We used Bargain Car Rentals in January and getting the car was easy at 4am. They provided detailed instructions on where to find the car and how to access it.... made a little harder by the dark and constant rain.

This company has had some bad reviews but we found them to be terrific, the car was new and service was good.

BTW has it stopped raining in Darwin yet??

Darwin, Australia
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
2,802 posts
189 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Car Hire at stupid o'clock

Rain???? I am watering the garden!! Stopped a couple of weeks ago now only very scattered showers though for the last 2 nights there have been lots of thunder and sheet lightning from over the Tiwi Islands area lighting up Darwin.

7. Re: Car Hire at stupid o'clock

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 April 2015, 05:16