We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Need recommendation for budget place in Darwin

Singapore
Level Contributor
19 posts
Save Topic
Need recommendation for budget place in Darwin

HI, my friend and I are going to Darwin from 21-25 August, can anyone recommend of accommodation? Our budget is around AUD$50 AUD$80 per night. Also, any ideas of what of suitable clothing to bring? The weather said its 18-28 deg, thinking of bringing short and tee shirt but concern about whether it will be cold when it's windy.

joancollins69
Level Contributor
122 posts
178 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Need recommendation for budget place in Darwin

i stayed here

http://www.momdarwin.com/index.html

it was in your budget and i "upgraded" to a room with an ensuite (it had two bunks and i was by myself)

clean and decent

good service on a main strip

it was however something of a party atmosphere so be warned or that might tickle your fancy

Darwin, Australia
Destination Expert
for Darwin
Level Contributor
5,886 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Need recommendation for budget place in Darwin

The only accomodation you will get in Darwin for that price is a camp site or a hostel.

Yes, the nights are cooler and it can be a little cool when its windy( usually not August)- but generally its perfect weather with dry days - and can cool down at night a little. If you are worried about the nights- a long sleeve light cotton sweater/cardigan is good and perhaps a pair of jeans.

Darwin, Australia
Destination Expert
for Darwin
Level Contributor
4,576 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Need recommendation for budget place in Darwin

August is still high season in Darwin so you may struggle to find somewhere on that budget. As suggested above hostels are your best bet - try searching on this website

http://www.hostelworld.com/

Singapore
Level Contributor
19 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Need recommendation for budget place in Darwin

Thanks. Will check the recommendation

5. Re: Need recommendation for budget place in Darwin

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guideline limiting each user to a single forums screen name.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 February 2017, 16:51
Providence, Rhode...
Level Contributor
115 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Need recommendation for budget place in Darwin

Whats the chance of jimjim falls road being open by June 10? It seems it's the only reason to have a 4x4, which would be a blast, but it's going to cost us $1000+ to get a 4x4 camper that can go to the falls for the 3 days that we're there, and if the road isnt going to be open this would be a massive waste of money

Darwin, Australia
Destination Expert
for Darwin
Level Contributor
4,576 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Need recommendation for budget place in Darwin

When Jim Jim will open is almost impossible to predict. So far this year we have had a good (wet) wet season so I doubt roads will open early. But it really depends on how much rain falls between now and then.

An option to consider would be to hire a 2WD and then take a day tour to Jim Jim if the road is open. Day tours can be taken from Jabiru or Cooinda.

Providence, Rhode...
Level Contributor
115 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Need recommendation for budget place in Darwin

yea we're considering that option, it just would be a lot more fun for us to do it ourselves :)

9. Re: Need recommendation for budget place in Darwin

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 March 2015, 04:22
Get answers to your questions about Darwin