We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Trying to locate the Exotic Fruit Farm near Berry Springs

Which Darwin hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Geelong, Australia
Level Contributor
126 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
Trying to locate the Exotic Fruit Farm near Berry Springs

Hi all,

We'll be heading up to Darwin in September. My wife REALLY wants to try some of the not-so-mainstream exotic fruits while we're there. I've come across a place somewhere around Berry Springs, but more out toward the Darwin River dam. This place has "150 varieties of exotic fruits to try and buy". They also sell jams and preserves.

If you know of the place, could you please message me with the name and location of the farm.

If the business name is posted here on the forum, they may delete the post.

This is one for "the locals"!

Thanks in advance.

Darwin, Australia
Destination Expert
for Darwin, Kakadu National Park
Level Contributor
2,740 posts
188 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Trying to locate the Exotic Fruit Farm near Berry Springs

It is on Duddell Road, Darwin River and look it up on Google to see what roads you take to get there. I have not seen anything about it in the Open Gardens recently so it may have closed or they are just too busy. Some fruits are sometimes available at the Rapid Creek markets but not the more unusual ones.

Darwin, Australia
Destination Expert
for Darwin
Level Contributor
4,801 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Trying to locate the Exotic Fruit Farm near Berry Springs

we tried calling one on the web and the number was disconnected- that was a few months back.

Darwin, Australia
Destination Expert
for Darwin
Level Contributor
4,399 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Trying to locate the Exotic Fruit Farm near Berry Springs

They used to do tours by appointment only, can't confirm if they are still operating or not though.

Geelong, Australia
Level Contributor
126 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Trying to locate the Exotic Fruit Farm near Berry Springs

Thanks, all. I think I'm going to give up on the idea. I found the phone number, tried it, not connected. It's too far to go searching with the limited time we have in the area.

Darwin, Australia
Destination Expert
for Darwin
Level Contributor
4,801 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Trying to locate the Exotic Fruit Farm near Berry Springs

Have you tried ringing the information centre in Darwin city?

6. Re: Trying to locate the Exotic Fruit Farm near Berry Springs

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 August 2015, 07:16