We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

coming from iraq for 2 weeks

el paso texas
4 posts
Save Topic
coming from iraq for 2 weeks

i get a 2 week holiday to anywhere in the world and i'am really want to come to australia.i want a good place to go marlin fishing,and a good place to party and relax,so i have been looking into gold coast,cairns and port douglas but can't make up my mind,even new zealand don't seem like a bad idea..but like i said i have 2 weeks so i guess i can move around if need be, but i'am just looking for good suggestions on where to go,and more then likely i will be traveling alone if that plays a factor into anything?

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
4,131 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: coming from iraq for 2 weeks

When is it you are planning on coming ?

Weather is very relevant in some areas, particularly North Queensland.

All the places you mention are great - it really depends on what you want to do, when, and how much you want to spend ?

Perhaps some budget guidelines will help too ?

el paso texas
4 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: coming from iraq for 2 weeks

more then likely it will be between sept - dec i know its kinda a big time frame but the army don't let you know till the time comes..money wise i will stay in the cheap places to spend more on activities..but i'am guessing like $3000-$3500 would probably be about right..of course if it wasn't that much it would be nice but all the marlin charters i have found are pretty pricey..and what about the money exchange whats the current exchange rate for us vs aud?

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
1,509 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: coming from iraq for 2 weeks

The Gold Coast will be wonderful from Sept - Dec. Beautiful beaches and gorgeous hinterland with bushwalking in the National Parks.

Cairns and Port Douglas will be great in Sept but then get much warmer. Stinger season starts in that area from October/November, which means if you swim you'll need to warma lycra suit. There's heaps to do in this region - rainforest, reef, adventure activities, see my GoList tripadvisor.com/GoListDetail-i16655-Great_si…

You can check the exchange rate at http://www.xe.com/ and use the currency converter tool on this site as well.

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
1,509 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: coming from iraq for 2 weeks

Oops, sorry, that should read "wear a lycra suit..."

Cairns, Australia
Level Contributor
2,838 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: coming from iraq for 2 weeks

Do not know much about marlin fishing except it put Cairns on the map. I do get the feeling they go way out to sea, way way out. probably why is costs a bit.

6. Re: coming from iraq for 2 weeks

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 October 2009, 06:18