We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How does this itinerary sound?

Philadelphia...
Level Contributor
207 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
How does this itinerary sound?

Hi,

My husband and I will be traveling to Australia next week. We arrive 3rd July into Sydney. This is what I have planned so far (I haven't filled in the details of what to see in Sydney, but will figure that out on the 15 hr plane ride!).

July 3 - 7 staying at Sofitel Wentworth Sydney

July 6 - Blue Mountains tour with Anderson's tours

July 7 - 11 staying at Pullman Reef Hotel in Cairns

July 8 - Reef trip (company TBD)

July 10 - Daintree/Cape Trib trip using Tours To Go

July 11-15 back at Sofitel Sydney

July 12 - Hunter Valley trip with Sydney Wilderness

As far as the empty days, I want to see the Sydney Harbor bridge, Opera House, Bondi Beach, and the other touristy spots.

Am I missing anything major? Any suggestions on a great GBR trip (with intro dive)?

Thanks so much!

East Gippsland
Level Contributor
3,967 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: How does this itinerary sound?

Not sure if you have had some of your queries answered seperately.

Your Itinerary sounds great. Not too rushed.

Take a cruise on Sydney Harbour, or just take the ferry across to Manly. The cruise does give commentry on what you are looking at. Beaut view of the Opera House and Bridge from the water.

Book the early morning tour inside the Opera HOuse.

Climb the Harbour Bridge.

Stroll around the Botanic Garden.

You will have enough time in Sydney to travel to Canberra. Its best to hire a car for a couple of days to do this. Or book a coach tour from Sydney. They possibly do day trips.

Does your tour to the Blue Mountains go to Jenolan Caves as well?

GBR? We only went on a snorkelling trip out of Cairns . That was really good. . Most of the dives go from Port Douglas but transfers can be arranged.

Think you need a doctors certificate for the diving.

But there are lots of OP queries that you can check for your answers.

East Gippsland
Level Contributor
3,967 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: How does this itinerary sound?

Not sure if you have had some of your queries answered seperately.

Your Itinerary sounds great. Not too rushed.

Take a cruise on Sydney Harbour, or just take the ferry across to Manly. The cruise does give commentry on what you are looking at. Beaut view of the Opera House and Bridge from the water.

Book the early morning tour inside the Opera HOuse.

Climb the Harbour Bridge.

Stroll around the Botanic Garden.

You will have enough time in Sydney to travel to Canberra. Its best to hire a car for a couple of days to do this. Or book a coach tour from Sydney. They possibly do day trips.

Does your tour to the Blue Mountains go to Jenolan Caves as well?

GBR? We only went on a snorkelling trip out of Cairns . That was really good. . Most of the dives go from Port Douglas but transfers can be arranged.

Think you need a doctors certificate for the diving.

But there are lots of OP queries that you can check for your answers.

Perhaps the guys up north have answered the queries seperately.

Are you packed?

gk
Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
2,280 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: How does this itinerary sound?

Hi jos527

I can recommend SilverSwift or Reef Magic for your GBR cruise. Silverswift goes to 3 different reef sites and you dive/snorkel off the back of the boat. Reef Magic go to a giant pontoon where you can do additional activities like an underwater semi-submersible tour and helicopter flights. Both of these companies offer introductory dives.

http://www.silverseries.com.au/swift.htm

http://www.reefmagic.com.au/daycruise.asp

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Sydney, Uluru-Kata Tjuta National Park, Business Travel, New South Wales
Level Contributor
30,297 posts
1,478 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: How does this itinerary sound?

Your itinerary looks fine, I also agree with G/B to take a ferry ride over to Manly wharf and a stroll up the Corso to the beach.

The main tourist attractions : Climb or walk Sydney Harbour Bridge / Opera House / The Rocks / Botanical Gardens / Art Gallery / Darling Harbour / Chinatown

For other suggestions in Sydney:

tripadvisor.com/GoListDetail-i19691-Sydney_s…

For Sydney Transport.

sydneybuses.info/tourist-services/sydneypass…

5. Re: How does this itinerary sound?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 December 2009, 05:16