We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

WiFI availability

CAMBRIDGE
Level Contributor
23 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
WiFI availability

Am coming in Jan for a month and am debating if it is worth bringing my laptop with me? I will be covering the east coast from Cape trib down to Sydney. Was going to bring laptop to store photos, get local info, check directions, book day trips, check email, check my flights...

Are there many WIFI spots along this area - or do you think I'll be better off using internet cafes and reducing my luggage?

gk
Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
2,280 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: WiFI availability

I'm ambivalent about this! On one hand, I love having my laptop to hand to store photos, clear off the camera memory cards, and the usual stuff.

If you had your laptop, the Telstra Wireless Broadband works really well - just plug it into your USB port and work away. www.bigpond.com/internet/plans/wireless/

On the other hand, internet cafes are almost everywhere in Australia and even in small towns there's usually somewhere with a computer an internet access. Not to mention that's one less thing you have to worry about someone nicking.

This probably hasn't helped much, but if I was going for a month and doing what you're doing - I would take my laptop. Probably because it would feel lonely if I left it at home *hugs macbook*. :p

South Pacific
Destination Expert
for Hobart, Tasmania
Level Contributor
25,846 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: WiFI availability

McDonalds has wifi.

http://mcdonalds.com.au/find-us/restaurant

Brisbane, Australia
Destination Expert
for Brisbane, Noosa
Level Contributor
5,855 posts
146 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: WiFI availability

Many cafes will offer free WiFi and you can always visit a library for a small fee.

4. Re: WiFI availability

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 April 2010, 06:32