We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Rainbow Beach Caravan Park/s

Brisbane, Australia
9 posts
Save Topic
Rainbow Beach Caravan Park/s

I am planning a camping trip to Rainbow Beach in the next month or two. It will be my first trip to the area. I would like to stay at a beachfront caravan park. Is there such a park in Rainbow Beach? (I thought Rainbow waters was one but then discovered it was facing Tin Can Bay, which I planned to visit separately). Is Rainbow Beach and Tin Can Bay sufficiently different to warrant staying in each place for a few days or will it be sufficient to find a nice caravan park in either and then travel to the other for a day trip or two? Also I was thinking of continueing on to 1770. Is it very similar to the abovementioned two bays, or sufficiently different to warrant a few day's stopover there too?

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
1,509 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Rainbow Beach Caravan Park/s

Your could camp at Inskip Point near Rainbow Beach …qld.gov.au/parks/…index.html. This is surf side with great views across to Fraser Island. From there, you could do a day trip to Fraser (if you have a 4WD) and also a day trip to Tin Can Bay. I don't think there's any point in splitting your stay between Rainbow Beach and Tin Can Bay. They're not that different - although one is open ocean and the other is estuary so I guess it depends what you'd prefer.

I think Rainbow Beach/Tin Can Bay are sufficiently different to Town of 1770. The nice thing about 1770 is access to the Great Barrier Reef. You simply have to take a day trip out ot Lady Musgrave Island to snorkel in the lagoon. And for something completely different, you can even camp on the island overnight (although there are no facilities) …qld.gov.au/parks/…camping.html.

Brisbane, Australia
9 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Rainbow Beach Caravan Park/s

Thanks templc74 for all the info and advice. It has helped a lot to clarify things in my mind. Thanks also for the suggestion re Lady Musgrave, it sounds like a must do!! :o)

3. Re: Rainbow Beach Caravan Park/s

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 June 2013, 16:17