We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best 2 Places to Stop Between Port Douglas & Airlie Beach

Wigan, United...
Level Contributor
203 posts
41 reviews
Save Topic
Best 2 Places to Stop Between Port Douglas & Airlie Beach

Hi

We plan to drive from Port Douglas to Airlie Beach for 9 nights next May & would like to stop off in 2 places along the way but not sure where is best.

We originally planned to stop in Mission Beach & Townsville but can't really find anywhere nice to stay in Mission Beach & haven't really heard much about Townsville. As it will be my birthday by the time we get to Mission Beach I would love a really nice place to stay & celebrate my birthday.

Any recommendations on where to stay between the two places would be great!

Many thanks

Jane

Australia
Level Contributor
1,474 posts
97 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best 2 Places to Stop Between Port Douglas & Airlie Beach

If your staying more then 1 night I'd recommend Magnetic Island just off Townsville, beautiful island. Mission beach and Townsville aren't really that far apart, maybe just choose one and stay longer there..

2. Re: Best 2 Places to Stop Between Port Douglas & Airlie Beach

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 August 2014, 05:17