We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Camper van hire Sydney to Cairns

South Normanton...
Level Contributor
2 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Camper van hire Sydney to Cairns

Hi

We are planning our honeymoon for October 2014. We are planning to land in Sydney around 20th October, staying for a couple of days to see the sights then heading off to Cairns by camper van. We are hoping to catch a flight from Cairns back to the UK around 10th November, giving us about 18 days travelling in the camper van. just a couple of questions:

a, is this time frame of 18 days travelling from Sydney to Cairns possible?

b, what are the main attractions to stop and see on the way?

c, anyone know of a good camper van company?

d, I would like to know where the best places are to stop off at night?

I'm sure I've got loads more questions as we start planning it properly but any help at this stage would be appreciated :)

Thanks

Linzi :)

Mentioned in this post
Sydney
Sydney
New South Wales, Australia
Cairns
Cairns
Cairns Region, Australia
1. Re: Camper van hire Sydney to Cairns

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines with regards to the participation of business representatives.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 November 2013, 14:36
Ballina, Australia
Level Contributor
939 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Camper van hire Sydney to Cairns

Hi Linzi, Sydney to Cairns in 18 days is very doable. It equates to about 130ish kms per day. A fair bit of driving, but you will find once you get past Brisbane you can make up lost time spent on the Sydney/Brisbane leg.

Spend a bit more time on research, re quotes from van companies and whether you want to drive every day or do it in 'blocks' and then run your ideas by us

Mentioned in this post
Sydney
Sydney
New South Wales, Australia
Cairns
Cairns
Cairns Region, Australia
Brisbane
Brisbane
Brisbane Region, Australia
South Normanton...
Level Contributor
2 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Camper van hire Sydney to Cairns

Thanks for your reply :) I've been looking at things to do on the way. defiantly on the list is Fraser Island, Australia Zoo, Whitsunday islands and the great barrier reef. Isn't there much to see on the way up to Brisbane?

Thanks

Linzi

Mentioned in this post
Fraser Island
Fraser Island
Fraser Coast, Australia
Whitsunday Islands
Whitsunday Islands
Queensland, Australia
Brisbane
Brisbane
Brisbane Region, Australia
Sydney, Australia
1 post
Save Reply
4. Re: Camper van hire Sydney to Cairns

Hi there - whatever you do, please avoid Wicked Camper Vans. They're currently running advertising campaigns that are deeply offensive to women - mamamia.com.au/news/… I used to think they were funny, but not any more. Imagine having to explain this slogan spray-painted on one of their vans to your 11-year old daughter - "In every princess, theres a little sl*t who wants to try it just once". 
They've gone too far and should not be rewarded.

Armidale
Level Contributor
45 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Camper van hire Sydney to Cairns

I know campervans get a bad rap on here but we have just recently hired with Mighty Campers and cannot fault them. We had the 4 berth double up and it was a good size for 2 adults, it was spotless and everything worked and it was fairly easy to drive considering the size. They are a part of THL which also has Britz and Maui.

6. Re: Camper van hire Sydney to Cairns

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 July 2015, 07:16