We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

4days in brisbane and gold coast

Which Brisbane hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
singapore
4 posts
Save Topic
4days in brisbane and gold coast

Hi, i will be traveling to brisbane and gold coast for 4 days but i have no idea how the itinerary to be like. i will be coming from melbourne and can anyone suggest if i should go brisbane first or gold coast?

and where can i stay or must do in either places?

Thanks

Brisbane, Australia
Destination Expert
for Brisbane
Level Contributor
1,304 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 4days in brisbane and gold coast

fly into brisbaner and head straight to the goldcoast (easy drive or just over 1hr by train) spend three night at the coast and then head back and spend your last night in briabne

Broadbeach...
Level Contributor
1,347 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 4days in brisbane and gold coast

I think 4 days isn't long enough to do both.

Brisbane, Australia
Destination Expert
for Brisbane, Noosa
Level Contributor
5,855 posts
146 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 4days in brisbane and gold coast

Hi 4 days won't give you much time to experience both places.

If your outbound flight departs from Brisbane, then you could fly Melbourne to Coolangatta ( Gold Coast Airport) have three days there and then travel to Brisbane via train or bus for your last night.

SEQ, Australia
Level Contributor
2,175 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: 4days in brisbane and gold coast

I agree with Surfoz. Have a few days on the Gold Coast and a day/night in Brisbane to explore. It isn;t much time but hey, at least you get to have a little look around.

What is your budget for accomodation? See the below links for some ideas.

tripadvisor.com/GoListDetail-i9884-Gold_Coas…

tripadvisor.com/GoListDetail-i8960-A_luxury_…

singapore
4 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: 4days in brisbane and gold coast

hi, my plan now is to arrive at brisbane and go to the factory outlets on day 1 for shopping and probably walk ard.

day2: lone pine koala sanctuary and take a bus to gold coast

day3: dream world

day4: movie world and internal flight to sydney.

can anyone suggest any cheap accomodation that we can stay in both brisbane/gold coast which is near to the places we want to go? we have 3 people. And is it cheaper to travel to places by bus or rent a car? Thanks!

uk
Level Contributor
56 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: 4days in brisbane and gold coast

If your off to the Gold coast you gotta do sea world its fantastic we did movieworld (make sure you go on the superman ride!!) wet n wild and sea world i would say 1st was sea world 2nd movieworld 3rd wet n wild in the evening we also went to the Australian outback spectacular and it was spectacular definately an experience i won't forget altho the wine blotted out a little bit maybe i shouldnt have taken advantage of it being free!!

have fun!!

C

7. Re: 4days in brisbane and gold coast

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 September 2009, 23:16