We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best time to go to Brisbane and Surfers Paradise

The Wirral, UK
Level Contributor
305 posts
209 reviews
Save Topic
Best time to go to Brisbane and Surfers Paradise

Just returned from touring Australia. Had to abandon a week in the Gold Coast after just one night as there was a cyclone blowing and no chance of good weather for the whole week. We were supposed to stay at the Raddisson Gold Coast from 2nd Jan - 9th Jan 08.

I was assured that this is not typical. I would love to go back and would appreciate any advise on when is the best time to go, so as not to have cyclones, rain and wind that closed all the beaches.

Thanks

Kangaroo Segway Tours
Sightseeing Tours, Segway Tours, City Tours
Riverlife Adventure Centre
Sightseeing Tours, Segway Tours, Kayaking & Canoeing, Climbing Tours, Night Tours
Mirimar Cruises
Sightseeing Tours, Boat Tours, Nature & Wildlife Tours
Prestige Day Tours
Sightseeing Tours, Nature & Wildlife Tours, City Tours, Historical & Heritage Tours, Private Tours
New York City, New...
Level Contributor
11,508 posts
111 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best time to go to Brisbane and Surfers Paradise

This is tough. I would recommend the first week of March - no school holidays, so things are a bit quieter, and the weather should be stunning.

However, a stay on the GC in March a few years ago saw us in temperatures of 40 (not typical), and last year, we saw a couple of days of rain - not so much to close the beaches, but we didn't feel like swimming.

Uden, The...
Level Contributor
60,942 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best time to go to Brisbane and Surfers Paradise

We have been to the area march, september and october after schoolholidays and had great weather. But of course you never can tell.

Syracuse NY
Level Contributor
13 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Best time to go to Brisbane and Surfers Paradise

I spent the month of September on the GC and got three days of rain and the rest of the days with temps around 20-24 during the days and 15-18 at night. It was perfect weather.

Brisbane, Australia
Destination Expert
for Brisbane, Noosa
Level Contributor
5,888 posts
151 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Best time to go to Brisbane and Surfers Paradise

You see it is such a difficult question as our weather patterns are changing. This is typical wet season weather before the droughts set in.

March and early November usually offer great weather, less crowds and less expensive accomodation. good luck

London, United...
Level Contributor
571 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Best time to go to Brisbane and Surfers Paradise

What a shame! I lived on the Gold coast for 4 years and would say that October and November were always my favourite months. Good luck...Berni.

Brisbane
Level Contributor
144 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Best time to go to Brisbane and Surfers Paradise

There is never a bad time to visit. Some years some months are wetter or dryer, and then it changes. Typically Jan/Feb are hottest and July is coldest. But it never gets too cold here. Come anytime!

7. Re: Best time to go to Brisbane and Surfers Paradise

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 September 2009, 04:19