We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

flights england to brisbane

Yorkshire Dales
Level Contributor
5,856 posts
38 reviews
Save Topic
flights england to brisbane

what is the best and most economic time for my daughter in law, her partner and three kids to fly to Brisbane. They are ok for board and lodging, but money is very very tight. Bear in mind that they are limited to school hols (maybe could push it to a week either side)They are looking for about a month. I posted this before, mistakenly,on the Sydney site and was told that her original intention of trying for the Xmas break was the most expensive time.

She would not be put off by an eccentric route

Thanking you, in advance, for any suggestions

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
1,509 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: flights england to brisbane

I think this is something worth talking to a travel agent about. They'll be familiar with the schedules and low, shoulder and high seasons of lots of different airlines.

Queensland
Level Contributor
663 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: flights england to brisbane

not sure what would be the best time, for us here our school holidays are more expensive for travel, my daughter just flew Brisbane to London via Abudabi with Etihad airlines, they had the best price, good luck

London, United...
Level Contributor
571 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: flights england to brisbane

We are teachers and going to Oz this (English) summer - basically, any flights in any school holidays are much more expensive. A couple of weeks either side doesn't seem to make any difference to most of the airlines (eg in summer, the fares go right up mid June) although there was one airline (Emirates?) that had a slight discount outside of school hols. She really needs to speak to a good agent (I found Austravel very helpful). And shop around. Good luck.

melbourne
Level Contributor
6,754 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: flights england to brisbane

for a start.....try Emirates airlines, which takes the route, London(Heathrow) Dubai Brisbane.

try Etihad airlines,goes via Abu Dhabi onto Brisbane,on certain days of the week,

try Singapore airlines,Heathrow Singapore Brisbane

hope have helped

Lil

melbourne
Level Contributor
6,754 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: flights england to brisbane

also,

British airways can help, but you go via Melbourne,

and Id say Singapore..

Qantas go,London Singapore Brisbane, codesharing with British Airways on some flights...

Cathay PAcific,

Heathrow Hong Kong Brisbane..

Thai Airlines,London Bangkok Brisbane..

Yorkshire Dales
Level Contributor
5,856 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: flights england to brisbane

Many thanks for all your helpful advice.

Will pass it on and keep my fingers crossed for her

Sydney, Australia
11 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: flights england to brisbane

Have a good look at Air New Zealand. A superior airline to most in economy class. More seat room, excellent and very reliable AVOD (movies, games etc)great service and keen prices. The route is London-Hong Kong-Auckland-Brisbane. My wife and I went to England last year this way and after previously using other airlines and routes we would definately use them again. Very satisfied. Best Wishes to you all. John

8. Re: flights england to brisbane

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 September 2009, 21:18