We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Help needed!!

Which Brisbane hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Malta
Level Contributor
25 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Help needed!!

hi guys, am new to this site, so not sure it I have posted my question to the correct forum, anyway let me hope for d best....am from Malta and btw 17.11 and 9.12 I am going to fly to Brisbane, hire a campervan and drive all d way to Cape tribulation.

my difficulty is that I do not know how much days to spend in a particular place in order to make it to cape in 3 weeks, i.e how much days should I spend in Brisbane etc etc....will keep u in my prays if you could help;o)

Tnks, Cheers

Charlene

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
26 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Help needed!!

Hi Charlene,

I am also new to this site but hope I can help. I live in Brisbane and would suggest the following. I would spend maybe two or three days in Brisbane, but if you would like to go to the Gold Coast which is about an hour south of Brisbane I would definately do another day. If you like the beach this is a must. It is starting to get very warm/humid in Queensland around that time to be prepared! Then as you head up I would spend a few days around the Sunshine Coast (an hour north of Brisbane - which is where Australia Zoo is(Steve Irwin) and is well worth the visit). The rest of the towns along the way really depend on personal interest and what you are wanting to see. Stopping at Cairns for another 3 day is a must and you should go through Port Douglas on the way up as well. Hope that helps.

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
4,131 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Help needed!!

Where are you flying home from ? Cairns ?

Have you spoken to the Campervan company about a one-way rental ?

Good advice above. More info will help us expand.

ie. what are you 'into'. Age group etc...

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
225 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Help needed!!

This older thread ...

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g255074-i1309-k935…

has some info which may be useful.

Malta
Level Contributor
25 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Help needed!!

:0) guys you are great..tnks a million. Sure I ll give you more info..here we go...

basically, we are flying back home from Cains bt I was told that cape tribulation is worth a visit. This means that afterwards I have to drive back down to Cains. At this point, I am still shopping around for the campervan, and from the quote I received, the 1 way fee is included!!!

this is going to be our honeymoon, (we are not married though :), we are still young and looking for an adventure. I want to see some breath taking nature spots (which we lack in Malta), beaches, fun, and to feel free :0) am so looking forward for this trip...extra help will make my day .

charlene

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
4,131 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Help needed!!

am running out the door so can only reply v.quickly.

The best 'breathtaking nature spots' in Queensland ( in my opinion) are :

* North Stradbroke Island ( off Brisbane)

* Noosa : the beach,the River, the National Park and The Everglades.

* Fraser Island ( just north of Noosa - in fact you can drive all the way on the beach if you have a 4x4 vehicle)

*The Whitsunday Islands

*Far North Queensland - Atherton Tablelands, Port Douglas, Great Barrier Reef etc...

Cape Trib is good but as advised it will be insanely hot and humid and you will not be able to swim in the ocean du to Stingers. ( same applied to anywhere north of Mackay really)

hope that helps, at least a little.Will check back.

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
2,184 posts
143 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Help needed!!

All our beaches are good. My choices are drive north see Steve Irwin's wildlife park on the highway nativefauna into Caloundra and drive around the coast onwards to Mooloolaba, Alexandra Headland and Noosa on the Sunshine Coast 2hrs north of Brisbane.Stay a couple of nights. Do an inland drive to Maleny, Montville area for a day from this area. Maleny has views to our Glass House Mountains and inland, plus a few walks. Back northward along the highway call into Bundaberg a pretty country town thru town on the water and the start of the Barrier Reef area and then north again to Yeppoon north of Rockhampton for a night perhaps. The Whitsunday Islands out from Mackay.Can go on a day boat cruise out to these. Cairns and the Atherton Tableland and on to Cape Tribulation...this is a very quiet part of the state though.

Our surf stops around Bundaberg where the Barrier Reef and Islands north, are protected from the ocean.

I think a couple of days south of Brisbane and even over the border into Northern New South Wales which is only about two hours south of the Brisbane city centre are nice beach areas also.

If in the Brisbane city centre take a ride on our City Cat(ferry) along our Brisbane river and stop at South bank ( hotels, restaurants, market on friday night and a beach like pool onthe river).

Have fun

Niec

7. Re: Help needed!!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 September 2009, 19:20