We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Need advice on alternative accomodations

Petaling Jaya...
Level Contributor
790 posts
39 reviews
Save Topic
Need advice on alternative accomodations

Hello :)

Hi all

I wanted to book South Mater Motel for my trip in March '09. Unfortunately, they will cease operation in Feb '09. I have no choice but to look for other accomodation. My budget for accomodation is max AUD100/nite for 2 adults.

I am looking for a quiet place, located within walking distance to shops, restaurants and places of interests and easy to get public transport. As we are renting a car, we also need car park facility.

I have shortlisted the following :

1. YHA Brisbane

2. Spring Hill Terraces

3. City Star Motor Inn

4. Dorchester Inn

5. Milton Motel Apartment

6. Ambassador Motor Inn

I would like to know out of the options above, which one would you recommend.

Thanks for your reply.

Cairns, Australia
Level Contributor
2,838 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Need advice on alternative accomodations

I have not stayed at any but add Sapphire resort to your list. Not a resort by the way, but basic room with tea/coffee making facilities and ensuite. Great location though, secure parking close to West End restaurants and walk to Southbank about 10-15 minutes.

Cairns, Australia
Level Contributor
2,838 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Need advice on alternative accomodations

ooops forgot, Have always booked last minute through

www.wotif.com.

This s a well known in Australia and safe/secure website for booking a few weeks ahead and has the best deals.

australia
Destination Expert
for New South Wales, Noosa
Level Contributor
3,264 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Need advice on alternative accomodations

I'd rule out YHA and Dorchetsr due to limited off street car parking. Also noisy locations.

Spring Hill is best location...walk to city.....and from there Southbank. Bit of a climb back up hill though....Food/drink in area....and short distance from Roma Street parklands (the 13m dollar city park).

Ambassador is not so convenient, and I dont know about Milton or City Star.

Like a previous poster I agree you wouldnt go wrong with Sapphire Resort.....is it often in your price range.

Prices fluctaute depending on any local events on Brisbane. www.wotif.com.au is a good place to compare whats on offer.

Another area to consider is Hamilton along the riverside drive from airport to City. The previously mentioned websites often have last minute/discounted deals on several motels in that area.

4. Re: Need advice on alternative accomodations

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 October 2009, 14:21