We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best Shopping Bargains in Brisbane & Goldcoast

Kuala Lumpur
12 posts
Save Topic
Best Shopping Bargains in Brisbane & Goldcoast

Hi!

Anybody can suggest me a good bargain place for branded items in Brisbane & Goldcoast?

What time actually the shop closes?

How far is that place from Courtyard by Marriot Surfer Paradise Hotel?

Is it better to rent a car or just taking a public transport to Pacific Fair & Harbour Town will do? How's about the parking lots and the entrance fees?

Thanks a lot!

Brisbane, Australia
Destination Expert
for Brisbane, Noosa
Level Contributor
5,855 posts
148 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best Shopping Bargains in Brisbane & Goldcoast

There are no parking fees at any of the shopping centres at Gold coast or Brisbane.

In Brisbane near the airport is DFO . Gold Coast has Harbour Town. ( Both are outlet centres for your brands)

Public transport is readily available on the Gold Coast to Pacific Fair and Harbour Town.

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
1,509 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best Shopping Bargains in Brisbane & Goldcoast

Surfoz has covered it. There are two DFOs in Brisbane but the one near the airport is better. Having said that, Harbourtown on the Gold Coast is much bigger with a better range of stores.

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
1,509 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Best Shopping Bargains in Brisbane & Goldcoast

Sorry, I meant to put their websites in so you could check the trading hours.

http://www.harbourtown.com.au/

http://www.dfo.com.au/brisbane/

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Sydney, New South Wales, Cruises
Level Contributor
11,467 posts
148 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Best Shopping Bargains in Brisbane & Goldcoast

ctshell

if you are going to the GC in June/July, you'll probably find a lot of sales happening around that time so you'll be able to pick up a bargain or two in lots of places. That said, I haven't been to FO in Brisbane, but have been to them in Melbourne and Sydney. They do have some good buys - often better than normal retail shops on sale.

However for shopping on the GC, I think you get a much wider range of choices and this season's fashions at places like Pacific Fair - easy to get to by Public Transport, and also Robina Town Centre. The last time I went to Harbour Town, I was a little disappointed and tried hard to spend my money and came away with one item, that was it !!! So my advice would be, try Pacific Fair first. And don't overlook Carrara Markets on the weekend either as they sometimes have some good items, but then it depends on what you're looking for.

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
207 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Best Shopping Bargains in Brisbane & Goldcoast

I think you'd have your hands full not spending any money at Pacific Fair. :) That place is huge.

The buses are slow and sometimes less than reliable in the Gold Coast. I recommend driving or even taking a cab. It's about 5 - 10 minutes away.

Ash

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Sydney, New South Wales, Cruises
Level Contributor
11,467 posts
148 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Best Shopping Bargains in Brisbane & Goldcoast

I don't think a taxi would cost a huge amount from Surfers. I know we took one from near Cavill Ave to Jupiters at night some time ago and I was surprised that it was quite reasonable.

If you want to save a few cents, ask the taxi to drop you at the shopping centre at Broadbeach on the highway, then cross over the road to Pac Fair yourselves.

It's certainly worth getting a taxi back to your hotel if you buy up big as public transport and lots of packages can be exhausting !!

7. Re: Best Shopping Bargains in Brisbane & Goldcoast

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 November 2009, 06:47