We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

High Ten Hen's Night

Which Brisbane hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
London, United...
Level Contributor
38 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
High Ten Hen's Night

Hi,

I'm trying to organise my friends High Tea Hen's in Brisbane (and surrounds). Only problem is i'm now living in London and I can't seem to find a venue that hasn't been trashed in reviews! Oh and she and I are quite serious tea addicts, so I feel the pressure to make sure it's good!

Has anyone been to any of the below to give any idea how it is for a group:

_ Tea and niceties (In Mt Tambourine)

- Le Jardin Palazzo Versace...I can't find a menu or a price!

- Franklin Vila in Highgate Hill

- Sofitel High Tea

- Joseph Alexangers (I went years ago and am wondering if the service has imporved)

- Marriot High Tea (menu, price???)

Any other tips would be so gratefully appreciated. I'm also trying to plan some extra's, for those with the budget. Anyone know a reasonably priced day spa, or any other fun ideas?!?

Thnak you in advance, I really appreciate any help you can give me!

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
207 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: High Ten Hen's Night

I can tell you that the Joseph Alexanders' High Tea is excellent and reasonably priced. On Sundays, they have live string quartets, etc. The china is very elegant and they have a wonderful list of teas available. You can also have champagne. I have been twice (once for a bridal shower tea) and each experience was absolutely lovely. Service is very friendly too.

I haven't been to the others you have mentioned.

But you might also consider High Societea (meant to be best in Brisbane but I have not yet experienced it). I have seen the premises though - lovely.

As for Day Spas, I went to a hen's spa day at Sheraton Mirage (Gold Coast) - Golden Door Spa and it was really nice. We also enjoyed a glass of champagne there too.

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
4,131 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: High Ten Hen's Night

As Ash mentions High Societea is supposed to be the very best in town. Regularly gets very good reviews in the local press.

http://www.highsocietea.com.au/

I havent been for a few years now but apparently it hasnt changed a bit, if anything is better than ever.

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
1,509 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: High Ten Hen's Night

I gave a family friend a gift voucher for high tea at High Societea recently and she said it was fantastic.

I'm also a big fan of Queenies at Nundah. I'm not sure how well they would be able to cater for a large group as it's only a small store.

Another option would be the eaither the traditional or chocolate high teas at the Stamford Plaza www.stamford.com.au/spb/page.asp…

The Marriott has a sensational day spa, The Dome Retreat, which also allows you to relax by the pool. It is pricey though.

Another option which is far more reasonaable and still quite good is Rainesforest at Indooroopilly. We've done that as a hen's party and had private use of an area that included a spa. We could bring all our own food and drinks in too, which helps if you're on a budget. http://rainesforestmassage.com/

If you didn't mind travelling to Noosa for the day then I would highly recommend Ikatan for a wonderful day spa experience http://www.ikatanspa.com/. It is well worth the trip!

London, United...
Level Contributor
38 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: High Ten Hen's Night

Thanks for the replies everyone!

I've also heard of Highsocietea, but with some terrible reviews...terrible madame manager and stale cakes and sandwiches!

That's the problem though, everywhere has at least one bad review!

Thanks again for you help

5. Re: High Ten Hen's Night

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 November 2009, 05:20