We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

3 days in surfers paradise or noosa

Kent England
Level Contributor
27 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
3 days in surfers paradise or noosa

I have stayed in noosa before and would like to try something different. Would you recommend staying at surfers paradise over noosa. Any suggestions for a 3 day visit would be great, i was looking at going to Seaworld for 1 day and the Australian zoo for another day if staying at surfers, but i'm open to any other suggestions. I am looking to stay at the marriott surfers paradise resort.

Surfers Paradise...
Destination Expert
for Gold Coast, Surfers Paradise, Byron Bay
Level Contributor
6,116 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 3 days in surfers paradise or noosa

Hi gg

If you have already "done" noosa then by all means you should visit the Gold Coast. It's a fantastic holiday spot.

The Surfers Paradise Mariott is one of the better hotels on the strip with a great pool area that you can snorkel in amongst reef fish.

Seaworld is just 5 minutes from this hotel, as is a fantastic surf beach.

See some more activities in this link:

tripadvisor.com/GoListDetail-i17748-Attracti…

Australia Zoo is best accessed from the Sunshine Coast, yet you can do it in a day trip from the Gold Coast - 2 hour drive each way.

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
1,509 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 3 days in surfers paradise or noosa

As Beachbum has mentioned the Surfers Paradise Marriott is a fantastic hotel and very close to Seaworld. It's also not too far from Tedder Ave where there are lots of lovely restaurants and cafes to choose from.

Another option for activity on the Gold Coast would be heading out into the hinterland behind the coast. You can visit the National Parks such as Springbrook and Lamington, or even Tamborine.

Springbrook is my favourite as there a quite a few short walks featuring large waterfalls. It's beautiful countryside and the walks are a perfect way to immerse yourself in the environment. Springbrook also has Natural Bridge where you can go to see glow worms in a cave. There's also a lookout, the Best-of-All-Lookout, which has amazing views over the coast and hinterland on a clear day.

Australia Zoo is an hour or so north from Brisbane, so a couple of hours drive each way from the GC.

Kent England
Level Contributor
27 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 3 days in surfers paradise or noosa

Thanks for your replies, had a look at the Springbrook park and it looks really nice. Is there any walks that you would recommend for Springbrook.

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
1,509 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: 3 days in surfers paradise or noosa

Purling Brook Falls if you'd like to walk underneath a waterfall, although half of the track is closed so rather than being a circuit you have to walk back the way that you came after reaching the waterfall.

Twin Falls is also a nice walk.

Both are around 4kms walk in total. And both pass a couple of waterfalls along the path.

sydney
Level Contributor
120 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: 3 days in surfers paradise or noosa

The Surfers Paradise Marriot resort is fantastic, although the rooms are fairly dated they are clean but the pool is amazing (as is the bfast buffet and the Tepanyaki restaurant Benihana)

As im sure you are aware Noosa and Surfers Paradise are so very different. Surfers is characterised by its soaring sky scrapers and hordes of tourists young and old. Quite a different vibe from Noosa. If wanting something a little more sophisticated on the Gold Coast try Broadbeach or Main Beach (the latter being an easy walk from the Marriot) but Broadbeach is about 3km (?) south.

Maybe actually stay some time on the coast and a night up in the hinterland. Songbirds retreat is great as is O'Reillys.

As recommended earlier if youve spent time in Noosa, maybe check out the Gold Coast but dont spend all your time in Surfers Paradise as the region has so much better to offer. Take what you want from the area. Beaches are great all along the coast. Clubbing in Surfers if thats your thing. Shopping at Pacific Fair and Robina. Scenery in the hinterland. Have a meal/coffee in Broadbeach. Check out the Versace for a meal/coffee and take a stroll along the marina.

Make sure you find yourself a relaxing sanctuary you can retreat to after a day of exploring. I think the Marriot will fit the bill.

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
2,184 posts
144 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: 3 days in surfers paradise or noosa

Also look at

www.binnaburralodge.com.au

www.oreillys.com.au

Both in our Lamington National Park just in from the Gold Coast

www.tamborinemountain.net

Just up from the Gold coast

and all have varying walks

Australia Zoo would be about 3 hours perhaps by road north and on the other side of Brisbane.

Niec

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
1,509 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: 3 days in surfers paradise or noosa

It is nice to stay in the national parks but they're also a very easy day trip from the Surfers Paradise. We visit Springbrook regularly as a day trip from Brisbane. With only three days I think you'd be better off just staying at the Marriott for the whole time.

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
145 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: 3 days in surfers paradise or noosa

If you decide to go to Surfer's Paradise and really want to go to a zoo you might prefer to go to Currumbin Wildlife Sanctuary as it is on the Gold Coast and much closer than Australia Zoo. It focuses mainly on Australian animals and it is worth being there to feed the rainbow lorikeets. Check it out at http://www.cws.org.au/

9. Re: 3 days in surfers paradise or noosa

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 December 2009, 07:18