We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Eumundi Markets

North Queensland
Level Contributor
2,261 posts
68 reviews
Save Topic
Eumundi Markets

Last night saw a segment on TV about the above will be staying in Brisbane WITHOUT car and do not want to hire one so what I'm asking are the markets as good as they say and worth a rail trip for the Saturday or should we just visit the Brisbane markets

Brisbane
Destination Expert
for Brisbane
Level Contributor
3,261 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Eumundi Markets

Hi Marlene,

It would take you over 2.5 hours from Roma street station to get there, you'd have to be keen.

www.translink.com.au

www.eumundimarkets.com.au

Oscar

Brisbane, Australia
Destination Expert
for Brisbane, Noosa
Level Contributor
5,918 posts
153 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Eumundi Markets

Yes, They are the best markets around!

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
1,509 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Eumundi Markets

If you're not hiring a car it does require a bit of effort, and take longer, to get there. But it is far better than the Brisbane markets. You catch the train to Nambour and then hop on a bus. Check the timetable on Translink journey planner http://www.translink.com.au/

The Brisbane markets on a Saturday are more fresh produce driven but on Sundays it's more like a flea market. South Bank markets are different again in terms of range of things available. I still think the Eumundi markets are better.

Mentioned in this post
TransLink
TransLink
64 Reviews
Brisbane, Australia
Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
145 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Eumundi Markets

Take a look at this website it has a utube video of the Eumundi Markets, you might be able to gauge if they are for you. ourbrisbane.com/see-and-do/…eumundi-markets

There are some day tours from Brisbane which include a couple of hours at the markets plus a visit to Noosa and the Glasshouse mountains which I would highly recommend.

UK
Level Contributor
179 posts
304 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Eumundi Markets

Eumundi Market is wonderful. There are so many things for sale, much of it locally made crafts and freshly grown flowers etc. My lasting memory is a stall which sold pies. Every flavour you could imagine and delicious. This from a person who does not even like pies?

Well worth the effort in my opinion, enjoy!

Brisbane
Destination Expert
for Brisbane
Level Contributor
3,261 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Eumundi Markets

I know what you mean about thaose pies chrissie77. My favourite was the lamb and guiness. I don't think they are there anymore though as everytime I go now I search for the stand and can never find it. I have to put up with the salt and pepper calamari stand instead.

Oscar

UK
Level Contributor
179 posts
304 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Eumundi Markets

Hi Oscar, that is awful! Can you start a campaign to get them back? We will be back next year and dreaming about them. The roasted vegetable was to die for. OK will try the calamari instead. Chrisx

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
207 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Eumundi Markets

Hi MarleneRay,

I visited the Eumundi Markets for the first time recently and I thought they were pretty good. Lots of crafts particularly. But as someone else has already said, you would have to be VERY keen, it's a long way from Brisbane and public transport would tack on a bit more time.

Ash

9. Re: Eumundi Markets

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 December 2009, 05:16