We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

HELP Sebel Suites or Sofitel

Edinburgh, United...
7 posts
Save Topic
HELP Sebel Suites or Sofitel

I need some help with making this decision on which of these hotels to go to. Not going until January or maybe february next year but I am really undecided on which of these hotels to go to. I like the idea of the Sofitel having the train from the airport on its doorstep and it seems very central but it does not seem to get as good a reports as the Sebel Suites.

Are these hotels both close to each other as it is difficult to see from the maps but they look like they are close together.

How much would you also say was reasonable for a nights stay at these hotels.

Brisbane, Australia
Destination Expert
for Brisbane, Noosa
Level Contributor
5,855 posts
147 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: HELP Sebel Suites or Sofitel

Both are centrally located however not that close together. Sofitel is closer to the train and bus stations if that matters to you. SS overlooks the Botanical Gardens and its a short walk over to Southbank.

Either or really, depending on the rate you find and depending if you want hotel or appartment style.

Check www.wotif.com.au for comparisons.

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
1,509 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: HELP Sebel Suites or Sofitel

I think it probably depends how long you're intending to stay. The Sebel Suites are self-contained so you would have the option of self-catering, if that's of interest. There is also a supermarket at the bottom of the Myer Centre, which is only a block away from the Sebel Suites. It is also only a short walk from the Queen Street Mall.

The Sofitel has hotel rooms so you will forced to eat out for every meal. It is very conveniently located above the Central train station and only a short walk to Adelaide Street (for buses) and the Queen Street Mall.

Your two choices are about a ten minute walk from one another.

If it were me, I'd probably choose the suite over the hotel room for a bit more space.

3. Re: HELP Sebel Suites or Sofitel

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 December 2009, 06:17