We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Brisbane Fireworks?

Worthing, United...
Level Contributor
2,537 posts
48 reviews
Save Topic
Brisbane Fireworks?

Hi all, just heard that there is a celebration in Sept with a great fireworks display on the river. Can anyone tell me the dates for this event & when the fireworks display will be?

Thanks.

Buderim, Australia
Level Contributor
1,089 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Brisbane Fireworks?

Sat 12 Sept at 7pm. See brisbanefestival.com.au The last of the F111's will be doing a 'dump and burn' which is something to see. Come early if you can, it gets very crowded.

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
4,133 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Brisbane Fireworks?

yes, the fireworks display and F111 flyby is part of the Riverfire Festival - a truly fabulous time to be in Brisbane and a fantastic night/event.

there is a lot more info on this link :

www.riverfestival.com.au/index.php?page=FAQs

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
2,824 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Brisbane Fireworks?

kencar if you want a hotel room with a view you better get infast. They have over 100,000 people who head into the city that night to view then so come and join in the fun.

Worthing, United...
Level Contributor
2,537 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Brisbane Fireworks?

That's good news as we'll still be here on the Gold Coast. How easy will it be to come in to Brisbane by train in the early afternoon?

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
2,824 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Brisbane Fireworks?

Very easy. You will be able to catch the train up and back. Where are you staying on the Gold Coast? That makes a difference as to which public transport option is the easiest. Will you have a car at all?

Worthing, United...
Level Contributor
2,537 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Brisbane Fireworks?

We're staying in Robina & we'll have a car but don't want to drive into Brisbane for the fireworks.

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
2,824 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Brisbane Fireworks?

kencar as you are at Robina you will be able to catch the train to Brisbane no worries at all.

Use this site closer to the time to plan your journey. The trip takes approx 1hr and 15 min. they usually put on extra trainsw to the normal weekend services for events like this.

http://jp.translink.com.au/

Worthing, United...
Level Contributor
2,537 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Brisbane Fireworks?

Thanks for that, looking forward to the fireworks show!

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
1,509 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Brisbane Fireworks?

Kencar, I hope you enjoyed our little fireworks display! Was it worth the trip up from the coast? I, for one, loved it! But I'd also be really keen to hear what your thoughts are, from the tourist's perspective.

Hope you had a great night!

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
2,824 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Brisbane Fireworks?

templc74 I had the same thoughts logging on tonight. Did you enjoy it kencar? Hope you found a great spot to view it from. You did well- beautiful clear sky, no rain in sight and just the right temperature for being outside on a spring evening.

I sat out in my yard to watch the dump and burn for the last time with my 6 year old nephew- I live 4km to the north of the city so it is still pretty spectacular even thought we don't see the fireworks.

Do you think it was worth it? Hope the great weather holds out for you.