We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

booked whale watch at last

North Queensland
Level Contributor
2,270 posts
69 reviews
Save Topic
booked whale watch at last

At long last have made a booking to go out next week for a whale watch cruise, now a silly question any one been on it this time of year can you tell me if it is cold when you get out into the open sea, know it will be windy etc. Coming down from north queensland and need to know if I need a really warm jacket for that trip

england
Level Contributor
6,283 posts
123 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: booked whale watch at last

we went a few weeks ago and although we're brits (more used to the cold) we did have jackets. I'd recommend layers as you'll need the jacket when the boat is moving but may want to remove it if the boat stops for long (ours did as a whale came to investigate us).

Brisbane, Australia
Destination Expert
for Brisbane, Noosa
Level Contributor
5,927 posts
154 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: booked whale watch at last

Although it is like summer at the moment, August can get cold westerly winds so yes be prepared and bring your wind jacket.

3. Re: booked whale watch at last

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 February 2010, 07:18