We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Easiest Question I'll Ever Ask: South Bank Sunday Stop...

Which Brisbane hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
At Sea
Level Contributor
93 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Easiest Question I'll Ever Ask: South Bank Sunday Stop...

Good Day All:

This one is simple: we'll be driving down from Noosa to Sanctuary Cove on a Sunday, do you think the charms of South Bank make it worth an overnight stop, or can we cover the market, the lagoon and whatever goes on beneath that ferris wheel as a detour and then continue our drive?

As I have stated here before: I love markets!

If it's a stop in- is it safe to park our car on the street with our cases in the locked boot, or would there be a pay garage where it will be more secure?

Lastly, where should we eat ?

Ta,

TBB

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
1,509 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Easiest Question I'll Ever Ask: South Bank Sunday Stop...

You would be hard pressed to find a street park at South Bank on a weekend. It's very popular! By all means try but I think if you've only got a short amount of time you'd be better off parking in the South Bank car park. visitsouthbank.com.au/visitor_information/pa…

I think you could probably do this as a detour, rather than an overnight stay. Eat somewhere on Little Stanley Street. Here's the list of places: ourbrisbane.com/southbank/businesses/dining-…

I'm fond of Ahmet's (Turkish), Obsession (Chinese) and Satay Hut (Malay & Thai) for a quick bite to eat.

At Sea
Level Contributor
93 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Easiest Question I'll Ever Ask: South Bank Sunday Stop...

Excellent! Thanks for this.

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
2,726 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Easiest Question I'll Ever Ask: South Bank Sunday Stop...

Tealblue beach I don't think it will make any difference to how safe your car is whether you park it on the street or a pay car park. The one pay car park at Southbank is huge.

Lock your luggage in the boot plus any other things that might give a hint as to the fact you are travelling like maps and travel guides. I also prefer to hire cars that don't have stickers identifying them as such all over them- still to work out how to avoid that but am right annoyed when I find the sticker on the car!!!

Also just remembered (love the edit button I came back to add this) when you go to pay for your meal just check if they give a free parking credit- some still do so you might be lucky and get away with cheap/ free parking as a treat when you leave.

Edited: 06 December 2009, 09:41
Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
4,131 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Easiest Question I'll Ever Ask: South Bank Sunday Stop...

hello once again TBC ! :)

I'm afraid I'm going to have to ask for specific dates to do this simple qustion justice...

If you are coming sometime soon - which I get the impression from your other posts that you are - then there may be some very special and worthwile markets on not only in and around Southbank but also nearby at the Powerhouse and city etc..may well be worth an overnight stay :))

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
4,131 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Easiest Question I'll Ever Ask: South Bank Sunday Stop...

and ps. the Sarinde Tin and Piaf ( same owner) are standouts in the Southbank ( Grey st) precinct at present ....

6. Re: Easiest Question I'll Ever Ask: South Bank Sunday Stop...

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 June 2010, 05:21