We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

good places to stay? and things to do!

Stafford, Virginia
Level Contributor
245 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
good places to stay? and things to do!

Hello Brisbane gurus!

I will be in Gold Coast the eve of Mar 3-5. I will fly into Brisbane from Sydney either March 1 or 2 (depends which flight I choose from New Zealand). March 6 is a full day in Bris.

My question is should I fly back Mar 1 from NZD in the pm or on March 2? I have read 2 days in Bris is not long enough. I can either stay the night March 5th in Gold Coast after the conference ends or in Bris.

Just not sure if I should stay in Bris or if most travel to GC. Also suggestions for not too expensive places to sleep and where to money exchange.

Thanks to all the experts!!!! I love the TA forums!

Brisbane
Destination Expert
for Brisbane
Level Contributor
3,249 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: good places to stay? and things to do!

Hi Laura, so your staying on the Gold coast and wondering if you should come up here for a day or 2, is that right.

Have a look at the following link

tripadvisor.com/Attractions-g255068-Activiti…

Also, check out

www.ourbrisbane.com.au

As for accomodation

www.wotif.com

Depending on what you want to do will determine what part of the city to base yourself and how long you want to stay.

Oscar

Stafford, Virginia
Level Contributor
245 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: good places to stay? and things to do!

Thanks Oscar!

I am flying from Syd to Bris either Mar 1 or 2 (from New Z....flying from NZD to SYD then to BNE). I will drive on March 3rd from Bris to Gold Coast as I have a conference there through Mar 5. I can either stay the 5th in Gold Coast or drive back up to Bris that eve. just not sure which the best place to stay for things to see/do would be. I fly back to Hawaii on Mar 7 from Bris so I will stay the night in Bris Mar 6. Just would hatte to plan most the time in gold coast then see a bit of Bris and wish I stayed there. Just looking for opinions and such. I will spend 2 days in Syd (land in Syd Feb 20, Syd 21-22, fly to NZD Feb 23-Mar 1 or 2, fly back to Syd either the 1st or 2nd and

catch flight to Bris drive mar 3 to gold coast)

Will takea look at your links. I have gone through the lonely planet book, just not sure and looking for some thoughts.

Thanks for the guidance!

Happy Travels!

Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
for Philippines, Kuala Lumpur
Level Contributor
23,381 posts
1,661 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: good places to stay? and things to do!

This might help you decide. Its a link on things to do in Brisbane:

tripadvisor.com/Attractions-g255068-Activiti…

Tommo

Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
for Philippines, Kuala Lumpur
Level Contributor
23,381 posts
1,661 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: good places to stay? and things to do!

Sorry just noticed this link was provided.

It depends on what your interests are.I personally prefer the beach environment. But if there is anything that really interests you in the things to do link go to Bisvegas.

Tommo

Brisbane, Australia
Destination Expert
for Brisbane, Noosa
Level Contributor
5,855 posts
147 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: good places to stay? and things to do!

G'day Laura

It really depends what you want to do.

Do you want to chill out on the beaches? party on in Australia's no 1 holiday destination? perhaps visit the hinterland for rainforest and nature or do you want to have a look at Brisbane, Qld's capital city?

Cheers

6. Re: good places to stay? and things to do!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 August 2010, 07:16