We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Muggy Brisbane

Geelong...
Destination Expert
for Victoria
Level Contributor
3,785 posts
64 reviews
Save Topic
Muggy Brisbane

Hello to all up north. I am flying into Brissy on Sunday for 3 days on a work course. We play around up there till Tuesday and unfortunately there won't be any shorts allowed. So even though we are having similar temps down here, I have heard it is pretty humid up there. Any weather reports on humidity for Sunday to Tuesday. Spending Monday at Enoggera, will have to google that and find out where it is.

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
4,134 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Muggy Brisbane

will, I cant believe you are asking a 'weather' question, lol......let me stick my head out the window and see what I can do...;-))

Monday was 93% humidity, Tuesday 91 - but after Tuesday amazing storm ( my shoes are still recovering) things have improved a lot. Overcast all day today & humidity around 74%....

but, the humidity this week was mostly unexpected. We were told 'fine' for tomorrow, on Tuesday ,but now its says 'showers' ( needed this info as was planning a funeral) - it really is impossible to be accurate. I would say, given its still Summer and still rainy that it will be humid and sticky so you are just going to have to sweat like the rest of us my friend ;-)

ps. Enoggera is home to the Army barracks. Hopefully you will be in aircon regardless ;-)

Geelong...
Destination Expert
for Victoria
Level Contributor
3,785 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Muggy Brisbane

Well all the Aussie weather news has been about the rain in Queensland....I know big state...but I did hear you had over 100mm in Brisbane. You know we can't get that in a year, don't you :-))

Of course, heat plus warm rain means humidity, so I did sort of expect that answer. We are having a perfect summer week, with high 20's, warm days and afternoon sea breezes, so not sure how the humidity will bash me about. Not holding out hope of too much air con on Monday, think we have some outdoor activities planned.

You will be put out of your misery when you come down to Melbourne, I am predicting you will get some sensational autumn weather and no humidity.

gk
Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
2,280 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Muggy Brisbane

My little weather widget says rain for sunday and monday and fine for tuesday. So it will probably be the exact opposite. Not hot at all today though. Nice strong breeze in. :)

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
4,134 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Muggy Brisbane

yep, bring on Melbourne. I'm OVER it !

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
2,828 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Muggy Brisbane

Well at least you will know what clothes to pack for your visit to the "sunny" part of Australia.

Hope your work course will not be too practical and "hands on" or you will really know you are in the hot northern part of Australia !!!

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
1,509 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Muggy Brisbane

It's very pleasant today. My desktop weather station tells me it's 29 degrees with 48% humidity. Certainly much nicer than earlier this week.

That thunderstorm on Tuesday was amazing. I work on the 12th floor in the CBD but overlooking the gardens, river and South Bank and it was total white out for quite some time.

Here's the lastest from BOM:

Sunday Shower or two, mainly morning. Min 22 Max 29

Monday Mostly fine. Possible shower. Min 22 Max 31

Tuesday Mostly fine. Possible shower. Min 22 Max 32

Geelong...
Destination Expert
for Victoria
Level Contributor
3,785 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Muggy Brisbane

templc, those nice temps are a couple of degrees cooler than we are having in Melbourne but I am guessing that it will feel much hotter, well more humid anyway. Does the threat of a few showers mean plenty of humidity?

Kameka, will have to cruise around in the semi business attire, so no chance of cooling down with the shorts and thongs unfortunately.

Surfers Paradise...
Destination Expert
for Gold Coast, Surfers Paradise, Byron Bay
Level Contributor
6,070 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Muggy Brisbane

I was just up at the Eumundi markets will and it is humid as hell. lol

You might be in for a few bad hair days up this way mate.....

Lake Macquarie...
Level Contributor
3,709 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Muggy Brisbane

Slide an esky chilly pad into the undies inside the business slacks and that'll cool things off a bit. Better wear incontinence grundies in case of a blowout. It wouldn't be a good look in front of the regional supervisor...

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
2,828 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Muggy Brisbane

Regardless of whether it rains or not at least you will know it is summer- unlike Melbourne by the look of the BOM site for Tuesday-

City- Shower or two. Windy. Min14 Max21

And that is meant to be Summer? Sounds like a Brisbane Winter's Day to me.

Brisbane for Tuesday- Mostly fine. Chance late storm. Min 21 Max 32

Edited: 21 February 2010, 10:23
Get answers to your questions about Brisbane